153

"The reward that I want is that boy. He is most important to you, so I want him." said , looking at the girl before him. She returned his gaze, asking: "Does that mean you want to kill Ray?"

"No. I can't kill you or him, and I don't intend to. Don't worry. All of the children can live and go to the human world." answered . (Y/N) kept quiet for a moment, then asked: "Then what-" "But you'll say goodbye to him and your siblings."

She stared at him with wide eyes, not sure what to say. continued. "I want your connections to them. All of the feelings you hold towards them, all of your memories including them. You're scared to be alone, so you shall be separated from the ones you love."

He held his hand out towards her, saying: "I'll grant your wish, but in return, you'll never see your beloved or your family again." Shaking his hand, she said: "Okay."

(Y/N) Pov:

Slowly opening my eyes, I had to blink a few times. Luckily, the light was dimmed, so it was easier to adjust to it. I immediately felt extremely hot, yet very cold at the same time. Am I... sick?

Where even am I? I don't recognize this room. I don't recognize... anything. Where... No. Who am I?

The door to the room I was in opened, causing me to panic slightly. "Wh-Who's there...?" I asked, my voice sounding quite off, given that my throat hurt quite a bit. I guess I caught a cold.

"Oh, you're awake? Thank god, I was worried you wouldn't wake up." said a male voice, one I didn't recognize. In stepped a boy that looked to be around 18 years old. He had a kind face and a bright smile as he approached me.

His hair was styled in an undercut, and he brushed a few strands of his dark brown hair out of his face. Seeing my startled expression, he stopped in his tracks, holding his hands up. "Sorry, I didn't want to scare you. I found you outside in the snow, unconscious and cold. Honestly, I thought you died." he said.

He looked like he realized something as he quickly said: "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself, eh? The name's Dawson. Who might you be?" I nervously swallowed the lump in my throat before speaking up.

"I... I don't know..." My voice was barely above a whisper, almost drowned out by the sound of a fire crackling nearby. "You don't?" he asked me, to which I simply shook my head, quickly regretting that action as an immediate headache pounded against my skull.

"That's bad news, eh? Well, let's make the best of it. Since you're awake, you can have some medicine if you want. I'll also make you a soup." said Dawson, smiling at me before turning around.

Right before he left, he said: "Oh, and please make yourself at home. Based on your current condition, you'll probably stay here for at least a week." "Th-Thank you..." I said, watching as he left, closing the door behind himself.

Time skip: three days later

3rd Person Pov:

Rushing into the room, the young man looked at the girl. She sat in her bed, hiding her face with her hands. She was crying, having woken herself up with a scream. Just as the previous two nights.

Releasing a sigh, Dawson sat down on her bed, asking: "Are you okay?" She simply shook her head, trying to stop the tears from falling. "The same nightmare?" She nodded.

He asked: "About those huge creatures that want to eat you?" He just wanted to make sure that she was able to remember at least something. That her brain was okay. Slowly looking up, the girl sniffled, asking: "Wh-What are those things...?"

Thinking for a moment, Dawson got up, saying. "Hold on, I have an idea." He walked out of the room, returning only a minute later. He had brought a book, a paper, and a pencil with him. Placing the paper onto the book, he handed it to her, asking: "If you can maybe show me what they look like, I might be able to help."

"I'll try..." she trailed off, taking the pencil from him. She began to drag the pencil over the paper, drawing a few lines. Dawson watched her closely, amazed by her quick sketching. It didn't even take her five minutes to finish the drawing.

She turned the paper, showing him the picture she drew. On the paper was a dark creature with incredibly long limbs. What disturbed him the most, however, was the mask covering its face. Despite the mask, the sharp teeth were still very visible.

Taken back by the disturbing creature, he slowly asked: "You dream of those... things every night?" She nodded, already able to tell that he didn't know what they were either, based on his hesitance to name them.

Trying to lift the mood, Dawson said: "But hey, at least we figured out that you can draw! Maybe you used to do that a lot." Pausing for a moment, the girl turned the paper around, muttering: "Then maybe..."

The teenage boy with her watched patientally as she began to draw something that started to look like a person. She was so precise with her movements, so sure of what to draw. Until it was time for the face.

She froze, her hand starting to shake as she stared at the unfinished drawing. "I can't... remember his face." she said, more to herself. Her tone held clear disappointment in it as she continued to stare at the drawing of a boy with black hair.

Dawson looked at it, too, seemingly deep in thought. "I've never seen him before, I think. Does he appear in your dreams, too?" "He does. And another boy. And a girl. They feel so... natural to be around, but..."

She teared up, a few tears starting to drop onto the paper, staining it. "Wh-Why can't I remember them?" "Hey, let's give it some time. Maybe your memories will return. You can stay here until then, okay?" offered Dawson, smiling sympathetically at the girl.

She wiped her tears, looking at him as she said: "Thank you... I-I'll make myself useful. I'll help you with the house." "Kind offer, but I can handle it. I've done so for many years now." "Still-" "Let's get some sleep first, okay? We'll talk about the rest tomorrow. How's that sound?" "Like a plan."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/1688918601058850/