141

3rd Person Pov:

"She's dead... And this time, she'll stay that way..." trailed Mujika off, looking at what was left of Queen Reglavalima. Sighing heavily, (Y/N) tightener her grip around Ray, saying: "I'm so glad..."

He closed his eyes for a moment, replying: "Yeah, me too." He then looked over at Sonju, asking: "But what do we do from here on out?" Norman, who was treating Zazie, lifted his head to look at Ray.

"The Queen and all five regent houses were killed. The capital and the other Demon territories have all lost their societal leaders. It's not just about negotiating for peace. At this rate, there'll be widespread chaos... Riots, even. If we don't handle this correctly, it'll spiral into a war." noted Ray, thinking everything over.

Looking at their Demon friends, Emma asked: "So... Couldn't it be Sonju, then? The next King. You're royalty. The Queen's little brother, right?" A bit stunned, Sonju lightly shook his head, answering: "That won't work."

Looking at the mess around them, he continued: "If Iverk or Bayon were still alive, it'd be a different story. But I have no connections and know nothing of politics. And more than that, I'm a traitor. For 700 years, I was chased down as such. Be it the royal army or the citizens, no one will listen to me. It would only incite more chaos."

The escapees all thought hard about what to do, until Mujika spoke up. "It's okay." she said, gaining their attention. "We'll figure our own problems out. You all should hurry back to the hideout."

"But-" tried Emma, only to have Mujika say: "Once humans are out of the picture, things will be much easier for us to solve. Up until this point has been a civil war between Demons. Now you can go do what's really important. Stopping anybody else from dying. And stopping the flames of hatred from growing any larger."

"...Are you sure about this? I'm sure we could be at least of a little help." offered (Y/N), to which the female Demon shook her head, a sweet smile on her masked face.

She said: "That's very kind of you, (Y/N), thank you. But I have a really bad feeling. The royal army... In the unlikely event that they attack the hideout, it'll be terrible. So please go. And hurry. We're fine here. I have an idea of my own."

Emma trapped Mujika in a tight hug, thanking her for all of her help, while (Y/N) smiled, knowing that Mujika didn't have an idea on what to do next. As soon as Emma let go of Mujika, she went to hug Sonju.

"We owe you our lives." said Ray, thanking both Sonju and Mujika as well. Hugging Mujika as well, (Y/N) said: "Mhm! We owe you so, so much. Thank you so very much for your help. Ah, I got something for you."

"For me?" asked Mujika, curiously watching how (Y/N) placed her backpack onto the ground, pulling her sketchbook out of it. Flipping through a few pages, she finally found what she was looking for.

Ripping the paper out of the book, she put the rest away, then handed the paper to Mujika, saying: "This is for you to remember us." Looking at the picture that (Y/N) had drawn, Mujika teared up, hugging her once more.

"Oh, thank you so much, (Y/N)! We're never ever going to forget you! Please be safe!" she said, not wanting this moment to end. But she knew that it had to.

(Y/N) Pov:

"Hurry to the hideout!" called Emma, and we all picked up our pace a little, wanting to get back as soon as possible. "Let's hurry. The situation could be bad." said Norman, gaining our attention.

We looked over at him as he said: "The Queen's words confirmed it. The one commanding the royal army is most likely the current head of the Ratri clan. Peter Ratri."

Looking at the ground, I said: "My uncle, huh." "Everything should have happened how he thought it would." said Norman. Ray added: "This is the exact opposite of what we were hoping for... How could this..."

"And to be so skillful about it... There were nearly no flaws, but dividing the Demons while competing with them is..." trailed Emma off, basically voicing my thoughts. That man is crazy smart, from what Norman told me.

Ray asked: "Do they know where the hideout is?" "They shouldn't know, but... He can pull it off." answered Norman, much to our disliking. This isn't good. This whole situation is...

The ones who made this promise, who basically cursed all the cattle children for 1'000 years... Minerva's, my father's enemy... Our enemy... It's all the same. It's all the Ratri clan.

"Emma! (Y/N)! Ray!" called two voices I easily recognized. Looking up, I put on a smile. They ran towards us to give us a big group hug, with Gilda saying: "I'm so glad you're all safe!"

They then noticed Norman. He wanted to say something, but stopped himself as soon as Don placed his hand onto Norman's shoulder, saying: "You had us worried!" "Yeah, he's right! Welcome home." agreed Gilda. "I'm back." said Norman, hugging them both as well.

It was then that I saw Ayshe, walking up to her. I greeted her, then said: "Please don't think bad of Norman anymore. He changed his plans, just like I promised." in the language she taught me.

Her eyes widened a little before she hesitantly nodded, replying: "I see. I'm glad I trusted you, then." I smiled at her, then turned back to face the others, just in time for Norman to speak.

"We don't have much time. Let's head back to the hideout." I nodded at his words, adding: "First, we need to get a grasp of the current situation. The location of the royal army and if the hideout is still safe." "Let's meet up with Oliver's group." suggested Emma, to which I nodded.

3rd Person Pov:

Panting, Gillian ran around the hideout, her eyes wide. She came to a stop by a railing, holding onto it as she looked down at the empty hideout. "This is terrible... No way... Just... What is this?"

She stared for another moment, hoping to spot at least someone. "Nobody is here... It can't be... What happened? Everybody... Where did you go?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.at/pin/629800329141287835/