Room Mates

"Maman, Papa, I have something I need to tell you."

Marinette sat, leg raised, on the sofa with her parents both staring at her intently. This was it, this was the moment her parents would know that in two weeks they'd need to close the bakery and be teleported to the Maldives.

During some recent planning, Marinette had realised that she hadn't organised a cake. Since she was six years old she was determined her parents would be the only option for her wedding cake. Since she was fourteen years old one of the layers to the four tier wedding cake was Passionfruit flavoured.

"I need you to close the bakery, only for a couple of days, or maybe a week, it's just I need you both to be somewhere important with me."

"Right?" Tom Dupain seemed skeptical and her mother, Sabine, just seemed confused.

"And why would we need to do that Marinette?"

She covered her mouth and looked away.

"Because I'm getting married." Her words were barely heard over the thundering of her own heart in her chest. It was out now, she'd finally told them. Another thing ticked off her list.

"You're what?" Sabine questioned.

Marinette sighed, removed her hand and took a deep breath. This time, looking her parents in the eye, she said it again.

"I'm getting married."

Tom and Sabine looked at each other before bursting out laughing. Marinette didn't know whether to laugh with them, or cry. This was not the response she was expecting.

"Is it really that funny?" She asked.

"Oh, Marinette," Tom said wiping a tear from under his eye, "how many painkillers have you had today? I thought you were only taking one now."

"I haven't overdosed again, I swear. I am actually getting married."

The room fell silent as Tom and Sabine looked at each other. They looked back at their darling daughter, the girl who never broke rules and was well known as a goody two shoes getting married without them knowing. No chance. They burst out laughing again.

"Good one, honey." Sabine placed a hand over Marinette's, smiling widely to her daughter. Tom was currently struggling to get his breathing back on track.

"I bet ..." Tom couldn't talk for laughter, "I bet you want us to make your cake too, and for it to be teleported to wherever the wedding is going to be."

"Well, actually -"

"Yeah, and let me guess one layer needs to be Passion Fruit because it's his favourite flavour,"

"And because it's November, and Marinette wanted warm weather it has to be somewhere hot, like the Bahamas,"

"Yeah, or the Carribean."

Tom and Sabine were now clinging onto each other laughing. Was it that unbelievable that their daughter could get married?

"Don't forget the groom," Sabine said, barely clinging onto her own sanity.

Tom broke into a monstrous roar of laughter as he said the name.

"Adrien Agreste."

Tom and Sabine continued laughing as Marinette watched on in complete bewilderment. Her parents didn't believe it. Her parents thought she was having a laugh with them, oh this wouldn't do. Time to move onto the second item on the list.

"I'm Ladybug and I'm marrying Chat Noir in two weeks time, at a chapel in the Maldives."

Tom and Sabine abruptly stopped. Sabine looked to Tom only to see the surprise and shock mirrored in his expressions.