Rewrite the Stars

Marinette sighed and closed the door. Her parents had come around to talk to her, apologising for the way they had handled the situation, and handing her a few of her belongings; including clothing, her sketch pads and her diary. Apparently Chat Noir was bringing everything else over a bit later, when he returned with their food.

Whilst her papa was apologetic, her mother was like a fizzy drink in a bottle ready to explode. The phase too much energy came to mind. Chat Noir had revealed himself to her parents and informed them about everything, and it seemed as though both her parents were fully on board with the relationship and the marriage. Her fathers words were "you two will have beautiful children." Her face burned in embarrassment. How could they already be thinking about grandchildren?

Whilst waiting for Chat to return, Marinette pottered around the apartment. She'd already had a long soak in the bath and Tikki had performed the ritual on her leg. Although she was still on her crutches, she could apply a lot more pressure onto her leg than a couple of days ago. Perhaps she would be walking down the aisle without the monster cast after all? She took the bags her parents had dropped off and began to move them to the appropriate rooms. Leaving her sketchbooks downstairs on the coffee table.

The last item her parents had brought around was her 'commission', also known as her wedding dress. She carried it up to her room and removed it from the bag it was settled in. After she'd broken her leg she'd redesigned the skirt to cover the cast, as a pro caution of course, which then meant the top wasn't right for the skirt style. After having a panic attack and demanding Alya come over at once, she'd redesigned her wedding dress keeping only a couple of elements from the original design.

"You're going to look like a Princess, Marinette." Tikki brushed a hand down the skirt of the dress, her eyes gleaming in awe at the beautiful creation before her.

"Thank you, Tikki, and thank you for everything you're doing for my leg. I may be feeling optimistic, but I really think I'll be ok on the day, even if I have to cut the cast off myself." She had one more appointment the week of the wedding, and she had everything crossed that she'd be given the okay.

The girls laughed together as they fawned over the beautiful gown. The dressmaking had been completed, but the bead work still needed to be done. A whole bust worth of sparkly beads and rhinestones. Marinette's fingers were already screaming at her.

"Do you think he'll like it?" Marinette asked, fluffing the skirt out a little more.

"I think you could wear a potato sack and he'd still think you were the most beautiful woman in the world."

Marinette let out a giggle, she was so giddy with the thoughts of her wedding day especially now her parents are on board too. She'd explained to them that she'd be transporting them using a Miraculous. That way they could take the cake with them, all she needed to do was borrow Max's glasses.

They would be arriving the day before the wedding, whereas everyone would have already been there for two. With the time difference only being three hours they didn't really need to worry too much about the jet lag, and Marinette could make sure they weren't seen by any of the other heroes.

With Papillon gone and the butterfly Miraculous safety in the Miracle Box, Ladybug had informed all heroes that they were welcome to the wedding. Chat guaranteeing there was room for everyone on the flight. Ladybug had then discovered he'd chartered a private commercial jet just for them. Only one way though, as they could use Kalkki to return home. The flight out was going to be part of the whole adventure and she couldn't wait.

With Paris being threatened pretty much twenty four seven, herself and Chat Noir never got to join their friends on group holidays, well the flight part at least. They would use Kalkki or their wing power ups so they could get back if there was ever an attack. So even though they would be dressed in their hero costumes for two days, and yes they'd be drawing a lot of attention to themselves, they needed a break, a real one. No villains in sight.