Cuddles

It was five days until they left for the wedding of the year and there was still someone who hadn't been told or invited. Gabriel Agreste.

Adrien stood outside his fathers office door and steadied himself, not only was he about to tell his father he was engaged and going to be married in less than a week, but also that it was to his leading designer. Gabriel had a strict professional etiquette clause in his contract, one section being inter office relationships. Adrien knew his own contract was slightly different (as son of the boss), and he hoped for the best.

Knocking the door, his fathers harsh cold voice sounded out, inviting him into the lion's den. Pushing the door open, Adrien met with Nathalie's eyes first. The look on her face was as blank as ever, giving nothing away. Adrien had already given her the heads up that it was something to do with one of the employees. Whether they'd guessed it was to do with himself and Marinette he didn't know? And to be honest neither of them had really played down their relationship.

"Adrien, sit down."

Gabriel was sitting at his desk looking over designs Adrien recognised as Marinette's as Nathalie moved to stand behind his chair.

"Now, I have been briefed by Nathalie that this is about a member of my design team. Have you been assaulted?"

Adrien flinched.

"What? No!" He didn't know how Nathalie decided that was what he needed to talk to Gabriel about but he was quite alarmed with it. Why would he think that?

"Good. You have no idea how many models have that issue with designers once they get to your age."

Adrien was perplexed, he'd heard stories but he knew no one would be stupid enough to mess with the son of their boss. It wouldn't be worth their jobs, or careers in fashion.

"I can honestly say there's been nothing like that."

"Good, I'm glad to hear it." Gabriel responded, "So what did you need to talk to me about so urgently?"

Here it goes. Adrien took a deep breath and just let it out. He was going to lay everything out on the table and be damned if Gabriel tried to stop him.

"I'm getting married next week."

There, done! Wound ... band aid ... ripped off.

"Excuse me." Nathalie choked out next to Gabriel. Surprisingly his father didn't even flinch.

"I'm getting married next week. I've been engaged for three months and will be moving out of the mansion in the next couple of weeks."

"That's certainly a lot to take in, Adrien." Gabriel noted.

"I've been in love with her since I was thirteen, I asked her and she said yes. We want to get married as soon as possible, so we've booked a chapel in the Maldives and will be there for a week."

Gabriel looked at his son before turning to Nathalie. His heart was thundering in his chest. It had been years since he and his father had been in a disagreement, but he would never let his father take Marinette away from him.

"I suppose that is why Mlle. Dupain-Cheng has requested a week's long vacation. She will be attending your wedding, will she not?."

"Yes, Sir," he answered his father.

"And there's me and Nathalie thinking you'd finally had some sense and asked her out on a date. I guess she was heartbroken when she found out. I can't believe after all these years you still never accepted her." Gabriel shook his head and threaded his fingers together placing them on his desk.