Reveal

Her eyes were so tightly closed she was quite sure a headache was looming.

"Marinette, open your eyes." Oh God, that voice. So unmistakably Adrien. Her fiancé was Adrien Agreste, the Adrien Agreste she had been besotted with during her teenage years. Hell, she was borderline crazy for him now. If quantum magic hadn't hidden his voice so well she would have figured him out years ago.

"They are open." She responded.

Because lying when the person you're lying to can see you works a treat, she thought to herself.

"You're meant to be the smart one." He exclaims with a laugh.

"I'm quite sure you had the highest grade average in our class." She responded, eyes still firmly shut.

"Book smart? Yes, but I'm not the one who can save the city using a fork."

She began to laugh but still refused to open her eyes.

"Call off your transformation." He demanded.

"No."

"Marinette, stop being so stubborn and call it off."

"No." She said again.

He let out an exasperated sigh. Was this how their wedding night was going to work? Constant denial?

"Why?" He questioned.

"Because," she began, "I didn't think this was happening tonight and I haven't dressed appropriately underneath."

"What are you wearing underneath?" She felt the sofa move as he shuffled forwards, wrapping an arm around her waist.

She moved her head towards his shoulder and whispered into his ear.

"Nothing but my underwear." His breath hitched and she wanted to open her eyes to see him, but alas, she still had them tightly closed. She was quite sure she had flustered him, even though she'd just told him another outright lie. Perhaps she needed to see a counsellor or something? Years of being Ladybug had turned her into a super liar.

Ladybug burst out laughing and nuzzled her face into his neck.

"I'm only joking, I swear. But I am really not dressed appropriately for this to be our first reveal." She continued.

She felt him move and the arm that was wound around her waist release, causing a shiver from the lack of warmth.

"Plagg, claws out."

Her eyes shot open to find Chat Noir once again, next to her on the sofa.

"Here's the plan LB. You're going to march upstairs, give Tikki a rest and make yourself look 'reveal ready'."

"Why did you change back?" She asked.

"Because we're going to do this together. Us against the world remember."

She smiled at Chat Noir. Trust him to throw that one at her.

"Always." She responded, before standing up and making her way to the staircase.

"Oh, and Marinette," she stopped and turned around to look back at her pet cat, waiting for him to continue. "I love you."

Her face went bright red with the smile threatening to split it in half. He loved her, she could tell that no matter what uncertainties she had, he would be there to put them right.

She made her way up the stairs and into the spare room.

"Spots off."

Tikki flew out of her earrings and let out a squeal.