Trust

"Who would you trust to ..."

It had been seven hours since they'd left Paris, five hours to go until they reached their destination, and three hours since they started this game. The questions got more and more ridiculous as they played. It was currently Pigella's turn to ask the question.

"Get you the correct Starbucks order?"

"Easy," Carapace said, "Chat Noir."

"You did not just say that!" Rena was quickly hit with Ladybug's elbow, a reminder that they were not meant to know who the other was. "I mean - the guy would load you up with sugar. It's not good for turtles to have too much sugar."

Ladybug leaned into Rena's ear, making sure no one around them could hear.

"You need to control yourself."

"I'm trying, it's just hard when I know who he is!" Rena responded.

"Well, I'm coping and I know who you all are."

"That's only because you chose Chat as the answer to almost every question."

The girls whispering suddenly pulled the curiosity of the rest of the group. Ladybug giggled slightly before looking at everyone, a fake smile plastered on her face.

"I was just telling Rena how sometimes I need to groom my rat-"

"Rat?"

"Cat. I need to groom my cat." The confused faces turned from Ladybug to Chat Noir, eyebrows raising on each of the heroes' faces. It took her a while to figure it out until it clicked.

"No, no, no, I don't groom him. I meant - I groom a real cat, a domestic one."

Everyone kept their eyes on the stuttering girl in front of them, and all she wanted to do was just jump out the window. That was until her fiancé burst out laughing, she knew why too, he was finally seeing the Marinette side to the undefeated hero. The remainder of the wedding party looked to Chat who just shrugged before changing the subject.

"Anyway, who's got the next question?" He asked.

"Me!" Shouted Polymouse. "Ok, out of the others, who would you trust to break you out of prison?"

Everyone looked around, sizing each other up before sounding in tandem.

"Chat Noir."

Ladybug burst out laughing, being the only one not to speak.

"Who? This little pussy cat?" She said.

"Come here and say that to my face." Instead of moving she stuck her tongue out at him, ending with them both laughing.

"Let's be honest," Viperion began, "if we needed to break out a cataclysm is perfect."

"Or I could use my charming personality to get the guard to release you." Chat stated, puffing his chest out.

"Charming personality? purrlease!" Rena said, causing a cackle of laughs to circle around the girls.

"Just watch it, you'll all be begging forgiveness when you see the charming face behind the mask." Chat stated in defence.

"Too true, Kitty." Ladybug said, standing up and going to sit on his lap.

They were currently in the first class section of an aeroplane, each hero seated in a wonderful reclining chair and enough room around them to swing a cat. Ladybug had demonstrated this only a matter of hours ago, much to everyone (except Chat Noirs) amusement. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him gently on the lips.

"But let's be honest, I think we could do with the whole  'cataclysm' thing to break the bars, but Chat would then feel too guilty to go through with the plan and apologise to the guards. And that is why I'd choose Pegasus."

A sound of 'I'd forgotten about him' sounded around the plane. Pegasus, currently looking extremely thrilled their leader had chosen him, crossed his arms over his chest, puffing it out to make it look bigger than it is.

"And that is why this girl right here comes up with the villain defeating plans." Rena stated.

"Even when she's high." King Monkey sounded, to resounding laughter.

Ladybug picked up the thing closest to her (a bag of pretzels) and threw them at the grown monkey across from her, emitting another round of laughs.

"Watch it, Bug or I'll squish you." King Monkey said.

"Oh, big talk there monkey boy. Want me to throw you around the aircraft too?" Ladybug raised one eyebrow in a challenge, only for her team member to back down instantly, smile and laugh dropping like a rock.

"I'll pass, thanks." 

Ladybug laughed and looked over to Tigress.

"It's your turn."

Tigress thought for a while, and anyone who knew Juleka would know she's fighting off her nerves to speak. Ladybug looked to Viperion to see what his expression was at his sister's hesitance, only to be completely underwhelmed. Suddenly it struck her, he had no idea that it was his sister. The wedding was going to be one interesting day. All her friends would realise who the bride and groom were instantly, she was sure of it. After all, Marinette and Adrien would be the only two from their class missing, aside from Chloe and Lila and everyone knew the stories there.

"If you could trust any other Miraculous holder with your kwami, who would it be?"

As the other members of the team began to debate over who they would trust with their kwami and why, Marinette felt hands tighten around her waist and on her thigh. Pressure was felt on her shoulder and she noticed Chat had placed his chin there. She felt warm, safe and unbelievably loved. After years and years of fighting, pining and putting her life on hold for Paris, it took all Marinette's might to not sit there constantly pinching herself, over and over again. How can someone be so lucky as to have everything they ever desired? The man, the job, the friends, the love. It may have been a rocky road to get there but every single thing she wished for had come true. She felt a tear roll down her face as strong gloves and hands wiped away her tears.

"Are you ok?" His voice was gentle, the same voice which had been helping her fall asleep recently by whispering sweet nothings in her ear.

"I'm just so happy Chat, how did this all come to happen? How are we here?"

She felt his hot breath as he let out a laugh.

"You finally trusted in me, Bug, you trusted in our love."

"But it took me so long. We could have been living in this perfect world for years." She sighed, her own stubbornness was their cause of a delayed happily ever after. Maybe in another timeline she wouldn't be so stupid.

"Can you remember when you told me about Master Fu's noodles?"

She buried her face into his neck, feeling the vibration of his voice as he continued talking.

"You told me that you can't put in the noodles until the water boils. That everything has a right time. I think now was our right time. We have the Miraculous' safe in the miracle box, and there's no threats imminent. We get to be us for a while. Just me and you."

"You always know what to say Kitty cat." She flicked his bell, smiling into his neck.

"I just know you." He turned his head down and looked at Ladybug, sending her stomach into a swirl of butterflies.

"I love you," She said.

"I love you, too."

"You two are way too sappy!" Bunnyx shouted across the aeroplane dropping them a quick wink before continuing. "My turn. Who do you trust to hide the body of someone you murdered?"

And just like that, the game was over.

Hours later, they disembarked the plane, Chat leaving a rather generous tip for the staff, and made their way to the resort. In only thirty six hours, two of the world's greatest superheroes were about to become one, and two young adults were going to marry the person they trusted the most in the world, their soulmate.