Beautiful

"That better be a yes."

"How did you even get these?" I asked.

"Do you wanna know or do you want me to lie and say I bought them?" He questioned.

"I wanna know." I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, first I sent BEN into a jewelry store to kill everyone, then I went in and picked out what I wanted. I didn't think you'd want anything big and flashy, plus all the big ones were ugly as fuck." He said.

"Okay. Um. That's very very illegal. I hope it wasn't near here." I stared at him.

"Nah we went to Wisconsin. Way far away from Chicago." He waved his hand.

"Just so you know. I do appreciate these, but next time just order online." I sighed.

"Oh shit forgot about that." He laughed.

"Jesus Christ." I facepalmed.

"Anyways. So is that a yes...?" Jeff trailed off.

"Despite the fact that it hasn't even been a full year yet, and that I'm a cop and you're a literal serial killer, I'm gonna have to say yes." I rolled my eyes jokingly and smiled.

"I knew you couldn't say no to me." He smirked.

"I could. I just don't feel like it." I smiled at him.

"You're so pretty." He mumbled, staring at me.

I placed a hand on his cheek and ran my thumb over the scar.

"Jeff. You're gorgeous." I said quietly, staring into his eyes.

The same eyes I've grown so quickly to love.

To see the love they hold for me, it's intoxicating.

They put me in a trace each time I catch even a glimpse of them.

SHIT.

DINNER WITH MY MOM.

"Uh. I have to go to dinner tonight remember?" I said, stroking his cheek.

"Oh yeah. Can I help you pick your outfit?" He asked.

That took me by surprise, making me raise my eyebrows.

"Sure. I'd love that." I smiled at him, both of us getting up.

He picked out a tight black dress that hugged my body.

"Jeff, this is definitely not a fancy dinner dress. This is literally the dress I got so wasted in that I used the stripper pole at the bar." I tugged at the dress, attempting to make it a bit longer.

"I know, I was there. That's why I picked it." He said, not looking at me while attempting to pick out my shoes.

"Okay well I just don't think I should wear it to dinner with my mom." I gave him a "are you crazy" look, ignoring the embarrassment of knowing he saw me that night.

"I'm going with you, what's the big deal. I'll protect you." He turned around after saying that and dropped the pair of heels in his hands upon seeing me.

"Holy shit baby. You are....so beautiful." He slowly walked over to me, his hands hovering over my body as he stared.

I blushed slightly and looked at him with nothing but love in my heart.

Eventually, his hands sat on my hips.

"(Y/N). You are the most beautiful person in the world. You know that?" He asked, looking into my eyes.

"And the way you look at me, oh. Oh the way you look at me just-" He put a hand over his heart and dramatically leaned his head back before resting it on my forehead.

"You kill me." He smiled.

"Are you horny or something? Why are you being so nice." I eyed him suspiciously.

"Gonna be honest. I'm really not. I just think you look like an absolute goddess right now. Aphrodite took extra time to make you special." He took his forehead off mine and picked up the heels he dropped.

"These, will go great with that dress. And I found a pair of earrings that will look good too. Obviously wear the necklace I got you. And the ring of course." He muttered, handing the heels and a pair of gold earrings to me.

"Thank you Jeff. Also what did you mean when you said you were going with me. You can't, everyone will know who you are." I said, slipping the shoes on as I put the earrings on.

"Simple, makeup. Done it before." He handed me my makeup bag.

"Are you even my shade? You're too pale for the makeup I have." I dug through it and found something incredibly handy.

Old white face paint.

"Are you kidding me." I raised an eyebrow.

"How convenient." I glanced up at Jeff.

"I put it in there when I moved in." He scratched the back of his head.

"Of course you did." I muttered, walking over to him with a beauty blender in hand.

———
We managed to get it pretty covered, actually.

The scars don't go all the way through his cheeks at this point since it's healed, so it was kind of easy to cover them.

"There." I handed him a handheld mirror.

"Wow. I look... gross." He scrunched his face up in disgust.

"You look fine. Now come on, she's picking us up in 10 minutes, so you need to get dressed." I pulled him up from the bed.

He got changed into a black shirt and black jeans, me forcing him to wear non-bloodied shoes I had him buy one day.

"Good enough." I grabbed his hand and pulled him with me, locking the door to my apartment behind us.

We stood in the foyer until she arrived.

Her car was pretty nice actually, a white Toyota Camry.

I climbed into the passenger seat while Jeff got in the back.

"Hi honey! How are you? Who's this, new boyfriend?" She cheerfully went in for a hug, I let it happen but didn't return it.

"Fiancé, actually." I pried her off of me and showed her my ring.

"Oh my goodness congratulations! I'm so glad I'm sober now, I never thought I'd see the day. I'm happy for you. You deserve to be with someone who loves you the right way. I'm sorry I didn't do that." She smiled sadly at me and took my hand in hers.

"I mean it. I love you, (Y/N). My biggest regret is not showing you that before." She looked down, tears in her eyes.

I patted her hand with my other one.

"Let's go. We can go to your favorite restaurant." I took my hands away as she nodded, wiping her tears.

This is gonna be a long night.