Neighbors

"Morning." Jeff mumbled, walking past me to the bathroom.

"Morning." I said quietly.

I continued looking for my phone in between the couch cushions, but it wasn't there.

"Where the hell could it be?" I asked myself in a whisper.

"What're you looking for?" Jeff asked, walking back into the living room.

"My phone. I'm late for work, so I need to call and tell them I'm running late and not skipping." I explained.

"Oh. I thought I saw it in your room." He said.

"Really? I don't remember much from last night so..." I mumbled.

"Yeah, me neither. Although I do remember one thing really vividly." He glanced down at me.

"Really? What?" I asked, nervous.

"I remember us making out on the couch. It was pretty hot." He said, chuckling.

"So that's why my lips hurt..." I said quietly.

"I wasn't nearly as drunk as you were, I know that for a fact." He chuckled.

"Listen, if I get drunk, I get drunk." I exaggerated.

"I know. Again, watched you for 7 months." He flopped down next to me, his arm going behind my head.

I set my coffee down on the table and leaned back a bit, getting closer to him.

Making out with a murderer is better than having sex with one, right?

God, the sarge would be so disappointed in me.

Everyone would be disappointed in me, actually.

Wait, if I made out with him once, does that mean I can do it whenever I want?

That's kind of how it is with normal people, but I'm not sure about murderers.

"Sooo... uh." I began, trailing off when I couldn't think of how to word it.

"Wanna make out again?" Jeff asked.

"Maybe." I glanced at him.

"Just admit it, you want me. So you're sexually attracted to the man you've been chasing for 5 years, so what? And maybe he happens to kill people, again, so? No ones stopping you from fucking the brains out of me." He shrugged.

"Um... well, the government and my entire work force are what's stopping me. And god dammit Jeff, not everyone wants to fuck you." I rolled my eyes.

"That's arguable. Where's your source?" He narrowed his eyes at me.

I raised an eyebrow and pointed at myself.

"You aren't a valid source, you made out with me. And not to mention the fact that you definitely want to do it again. I can see it in your eyes, the way that you keep glancing at my lips like they're the best meal on earth." He chuckled, and I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Shut up I do not." I mumbled, crossing my arms.

"Mmhm." He sat up more and grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at him.

He leaned in slowly, my entire body seeming to melt at his touch.

Once his lips met mine, it was on.

My hands went to the sides of his face, leaning into the kiss more.

His hands went to my waist, grabbing and squeezing at it.

Eventually, I was on top of him, straddling him, while he laid back on the couch.

We parted for a few seconds, catching our breath.

"Holy shit... I think I'm in love." He gasped.

I just looked down at him, breathing heavily.

"I need to go to work." I mumbled, climbing off of him.

I eventually found my phone somewhere in the covers of my bed, and called into work.

"This is-" I got cut off.

"I know, honey, I've covered for you so far, but you need to get your ass in here ASAP." Julie's melodic voice broke through.

"You're a life saver, honestly." I sighed in relief.

"You just lucky I'm gay and find you attractive." She muttered.

"Yeah, yeah. Love you Julie." I chuckled.

"Love you too~ now hurry up." She rushed, hanging up.

I sighed again and threw my phone down, heaving myself up and going over to my closet.

I pulled out one of my suits and locked my bedroom door, ensuring my privacy.

After I got dressed, I shoved my phone in my pocket and made my way to the bathroom.

"Damn, you look good in that suit." Jeff commented, scanning over my body.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes and grabbed an apple out of my fruit bowl.

I brushed my teeth and combed my hair, then just when I was about to head out the front door, Jeff began talking to me.

"So, what time do you get off today?" He asked.

"Depends. I have way less paperwork now that I have your location, and a means of contacting you. But I also can't put that in a report, which means I need to make shit up. So should be about the normal time." I rubbed my apple on my shirt, shining it.

"So 7? Today shouldn't be too boring then. Usually I'd follow you, but I think I'll just lay around today. Might even cook you some food if you're lucky." He glanced at me.

"Oh, I'd be honored." I said sarcastically.

"You should feel honored. I don't cook for people." He muttered.

"I'm just kidding. I'll see you later. And stay out of trouble, I'd hate to have to shoot you." I joked, hitting his chest lightly.

"Whatever. You wanna give me a kiss goodbye? Just to hold me over until you get home." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"No. Now good bye." I waved before leaving, locking the door behind me.

The only reason I locked the door is because my neighbors like to snoop, so I need to act normal.

And I always lock the door after I leave for work.

I'm sure I'll get questioned later as to why I was late this morning.

Stupid ass neighbors.