Tears

"Okay." I sighed.

"Really? You'll do it? God you have no idea how happy I am right now." He chuckled, squeezing my hands in his.

I couldn't help but smile at him.

"You really would be so gorgeous if you had a smile as big as mine, but I guess yours is pretty too." He muttered.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes, facing forward in my seat once again.

He kept one of my hands in his, sighing happily.

That one detail made me smile like a little kid on the inside.

I really shouldn't be feeling this way about him of all people.

But I can't help it anymore.

I mean I couldn't ever help it but I can't even attempt to fight it at this point.

I'm too weak.

We rode the bus for about 15 more minutes, Jeff and I making casual conversation the entire way.

"Okay, we get off at this stop." Jeff said, standing up.

I stood up with him, making our way off the bus.

It was already dark, seeing as it was wintertime.

Hand in hand, we walked down the street of a nice suburban area.

The people who lived here were probably upper-middle class.

"Okay, which house is it?" I asked.

"That blue one up ahead, he should be at his computer by now, which gives you the perfect opportunity to see what he's hiding." Jeff said.

I nodded slightly and stared at the house, seeing a light in the window on the top floor.

"Is that his room? The one with the light on." I questioned, pointing at it.

Jeff nodded, glancing down at me.

We made our way to the back of the house, being careful as to not alert the neighbors.

"How are we gonna do this?" I whispered.

"Simple, we get inside the house, I make a noise downstairs, he comes to check on it, and you slip upstairs to the computer. Everything you need to see is in a folder labeled: Birthdays." He whispered back.

I nodded and watched as he took out a bobby pin and shoved it into the lock of the back door.

He moved it around until we heard a click.

"Alright, you hide by the stairs, and I'll go into the kitchen. Once you hear him pass by you, go up the stairs as quietly as you can." Jeff said quietly.

"Okay. But be careful, alright?" I put a hand on his shoulder, feeling a little worried.

"Babe, I avoided you for 5 years, I know what I'm doing. If anything does happen, though, leave me and run. You've got way more to lose than I do." He put his hand on top of mine, keeping me from moving it away from him.

"I'm not just going to leave you. You may know what you're doing killing wise, but I know way more about breaking and entering. I was a rebellious little shit in high school." I argued.

"Alright. But remember to keep yourself safe before you worry about me." He chuckled quietly.

I nodded once and focused my attention on what he was doing with the door.

He managed to get the door knob unlocked, along with the deadbolt.

He quietly opened the door, letting me go in first.

Jeff pointed in a direction, and I followed.

I saw a small table by the end of the stairs and hid under it, the table cloth hiding a good portion of my body.

Jeff went to the kitchen, grabbing a glass and smashing it on the tile floor.

We heard shuffling, followed by a door opening.

I heard the man coming down the stairs, making sure I counted each one, and the amount of time he took to come down.

"Hello?" The man called out.

I watched his feet pass by the table, then I moved out from under it, slowly making my way up the stairs.

Once I was at the top, I saw one of the doors was slightly ajar.

That must be it.

I slowly creaked the door open, cringing at how loud it sounded.

I made my way to the computer, glancing at the screen.

I clicked on the folders icon, then scrolled through, reading each one.

Birthdays.

I clicked on it, horrified at what I found.

Hundreds of pictures of women and children tied up, and gagged.

All of them either naked, or barely covered.

They were knocked out, or screaming at the camera, crying and dirty.

Some of them had blood on them, while others were bruised.

Tears sprung to my eyes and I quickly took out my phone, snapping pictures of the contents.

I'm going to court with this bastard.

He won't get away with this.

I closed out of the folder and spun around, nearly smacking into a pair of legs.

I almost screamed, until a hand clasped over my mouth, and a voice shushed me.

I looked up to see Jeff, much to my own relief.

"What the hell?" I whisper-yelled.

"It's fine, he's tied up down stairs. Didn't even put up a fight." Jeff muttered, sounding bored.

He helped me stand up, and I began showing him the photos I took.

"Good, we can print some out and leave them around him. Really show people how sick he was." Jeff said.

I nodded in agreement.

This man definitely deserves to die.

Jeff went downstairs while I printed out 40 of the 1,270 pictures in the folder.

Once they were done, I regrouped with Jeff.

"Good, now lets get this show on the road. We can't torture him, since he's in such a crowded neighborhood. But we can mangle his body after we kill him." Jeff listed.

"Jeff... incase you've forgotten, I'm not really into the whole "taking other people's lives" thing. I'm more of the "catch people who take other people's lives and put them in prison" type." I reminded him.

"Yeah I know, but you said you'd try it. This is part of trying it." He said.

"How about you do the mangling/killing thing, and I'll do the laying out the pictures afterwards part." I suggested.

"Fine, you can be the hot sidekick, while I'll be the bad ass main character." He chuckled.

"Whatever, lets just get this over with. I'm tired."