Mind

After our little hug, we had to get going.

It was starting to get lighter by the second, and this neighborhood was pretty gated.

We snuck through the backyards of the houses, being careful to watch for dogs or people.

Once we had made it out of the neighborhood, we waited at the nearest bus stop.

"Jeff, the next bus doesn't come for another hour." I said, pointing at the bus schedule.

"I guess we better keep moving then." He mumbled, grabbing my hand.

I shuddered at the sudden warmth and walked beside him.

"Y'know, I could get used to having another person on my side. It's nice." He said.

I smiled at him and chuckled.

"I guess I'm kinda stuck on your side at this point. Doing something as serious as... that, it kind of makes it more permanent." I glanced at him, then returned my attention to the sidewalk in front of me.

"Are you going to be able to cover our tracks by yourself?" He asked.

"Of course. No one else has access to your files, so no one knows what really happens with your case besides me. I guess the chief would have access, but he has so much going on that he kinda forgets who has what case. It'll be fine, don't worry." I squeezed his hand reassuringly.

"If you say so..." He mumbled.

After another hour, we climbed onto the bus and headed home.

I instantly went to bed, needing a good rest after what had happened.

Meanwhile, Jeff decided to stay awake, seeing as he was used to this kind of thing, it didn't have much of an effect on him.

Jeff's POV:

I sighed as I slowly creaked the front door open.

I have somewhere to be, sorry (N/N).

As I rode the elevator down to the lobby, I put my hood up, covering my face.

He's supposed to be meeting me around the back of the building.

I tapped my foot, finally hearing the elevator ding.

Quickly, I walked past the receptionist.

(Y/N) lives in such a fancy apartment building.

Honestly, how good does she have it as a cop?

Must pay a lot if she can afford this place.

I made my way to the back of the building, seeing no one there.

Damn, where is he?

I noticed a phone on the ground, making me chuckle.

I carefully picked up the phone, raising an eyebrow as the screen lit up.

"Get out of there, you ghost bitch." I mumbled, throwing the phone back onto the ground.

"Nice to see you too, Jeff." His voice glitched as he exited the phone, materializing in front of me.

"Yeah, yeah, fuckin' midget." I rolled my eyes.

"I missed you, dude. Where have you been?" He asked, going in for a hug.

I let him hug me for a second before pushing him off of me.

"I've been busy. Y'know how it is, BEN." I said.

"Find a girlfriend yet?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"No." I mumbled, feeling my face get a little warmer.

"Boyfriend?" He questioned.

"No." I repeated.

"Literally anyone at all whose interested in dating you? Y'know, you've always got an option right here~" He flirted.

"I told you before, that was a one time thing. Never again." I shuddered, remembering my drunken experience.

"Whatever. I had fun." He crossed his arms.

"What do you want, anyways?" I asked.

"Just checking in on my best friend. Everyone's been missing you. Especially Sally. She never shuts up about how much she wants to have a tea party with you. Jane might be the only one who's happier without you around. And even so, she still seems to make a weird face when your name is mentioned." He glanced up at me.

"Probably hatred." I chuckled.

"No... it's definitely something else. She's a lesbian, so she obviously doesn't have a crush on you or something." He tapped his chin, thinking.

"Even if she wasn't lesbian, it still wouldn't be a crush." I rolled my eyes.

Suddenly, (Y/N) popped into my mind.

Her apartment is right above us, isn't it?

She's pretty far up, so she shouldn't be able to recognize me.

"Jeff." BEN snapped his fingers in front of my face.

"What?" I blinked. (Again, he has eyelids in this)

"You had a weird look on your face. Thinking about someone special?" BEN teased.

"No, bitch boy." I mumbled, looking away.

"Liar." He rolled his eyes.

"Anyways, I should get going." BEN said, stretching.

"Yeah." I said.

"Byeeee! I'll be back soon." He waved, his body dematerializing, a phone dropping to the ground as he disappeared.

I sighed and picked up the phone, glancing at its screen before shoving it into my pocket.

Well, that was a waste of time.

I could use a nap.

(Y/N)'s POV:

I awoke to the feeling of my mattress dipping, as well as someone pulling me towards them.

I sighed as I smelled the familiar scent of Jeff.

Of course he'd be the one to wake me up.

I mean, if anyone else did, then they would've had to break in.

And if someone broke in, why would they be cuddling up to me in my bed?

Wait.

Why is Jeff cuddling up to me in my bed?

And why am I letting him?

And why the hell am I enjoying all this?

I'm supposed to be the one putting him in prison.

What's stopping me, again?

Oh yeah, the fact that I might actually like him.

And the fact that I literally helped him kill someone.

I mean, don't get me wrong, the guy deserved what happened to him, but I shouldn't have helped.

God, I fucked my life up so bad.

"Y'know, (Y/N), I'm really getting way too attached to you. I don't exactly know if you feel the same way I do, but I guess I wouldn't mind if you were my girl. You already kinda are, but I mean making it official, you know what I mean? God, I really hope you're asleep right now and can't hear me. That would be so embarrassing." Jeff mumbled quietly.

Sucks to be you.

I heard all of it.

And the worst part is that I wouldn't mind either.