Pills

"I could. But would I?" He asked, whispering into my ear.

"You know you would if you had the chance." I gulped, feeling a bit nervous.

I felt like he could hear my heart thumping against my chest, I know I certainly could.

"I did have the chance. I had a whole nights worth of time to stab into your chest. Rip your throat out. Carve my name into your stomach. But, I didn't. Y'know, it's funny to me, how I had all this time to kill you, but I haven't once thought about acting on it." He said.

"Why haven't you?" I asked, my voice shaky.

"I haven't quite figured that out yet. I honestly thought about asking to just stay here for now, but I'm sure you won't want me around anymore after this." He sighed, backing away from me.

I shouldn't.

But I do.

"You can still stay here, if you want." I offered quietly.

"What's this? Catching feelings for the big bad murderer?" He teased.

"What? In your dreams, douche bag." I rolled my eyes.

His attitude changes so quickly that it's hard to keep up with.

One second he's telling me all the ways he could kill me, and the next he's teasing me about crushes.

Who the hell is this dude?

He's not the Jeff I've heard about at all.

Ruthless, emotionless, diabolical, pure evil?

Only one of those describes him, which would be ruthless.

But even then, he hasn't shown much aggression towards me.

The only time I've seen him be 'ruthless' is when he was killing Jacob.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" He asked, just inches from my face.

I jumped back a bit and sighed.

"Don't do that." I muttered.

"Why not? Scared of me?" He questioned, a certain look in his eye.

"It's just that you were in my face. And I was thinking about y-" I cut myself off.

"About what?" He pressured.

"Yellow flowers." I said quickly.

"Yellow flowers? What the hell got those on your mind?" He asked, furrowing his brows.

"I just really like yellow flowers." I shrugged.

"Hm." He said simply.

That's not a total lie.

I do actually love yellow flowers.

But that's definitely not what I was thinking about.

I sighed and rubbed my forehead.

"I need to go grocery shopping while I'm off." I gave an annoyed sigh.

"Want me to come with? You'd be surprised at how good I am with hiding in plain sight." He said.

"Eh. No. If I get caught with you they'll send me to prison, no questions asked. It's too risky." I shook my head, dismissing the idea.

"Oh, c'mon, trust me!" He groaned.

"If I bring you, then you can't be suspicious. And if anyone starts talking to me, and asking who you are, don't speak. I'll talk for you." I said.

"Deal." He said quickly, holding out his hand to shake on it.

I quickly shook his hand, again noticing how warm he really was.

Again, his hands were rough, but they felt comforting.

I glanced at him, noticing he was staring at our hands.

After a quick shake, I tried to pull away, but his hand firmly grasped mine, keeping it there.

"I haven't felt the touch of a living woman since I killed my mom." He whispered to himself.

I found that unsettling, even if I knew he had killed his parents, hearing him admit it was terrifying.

"Jeff. Let go." I said sternly.

He snapped out of it, his gaze meeting mine.

His eyes were something else, a brilliant icy blue that seemed to pierce right through your soul.

Mine were boring compared to his.

We stared at each other for what seemed like minutes.

"Your eyes are beautiful." I blurted out.

"Don't go falling for me, now. Wouldn't want that on your record." He teased.

I noticed the glint in his eyes as he spoke.

A certain amount of care, mixed with a burning desire for blood.

It was something you'd expect to run from, but it felt like it was calling out to me.

I need my pills again.

I quickly ripped my hand from his and ran to the bathroom.

I opened the cabinet in a rush and quickly shook out 5 more pills.

Jeff wasn't far behind, seeing as he managed to slap the pills out of my hands.

"You'll overdose starts this rate. Put the fucking pills down. Now." His voice got dark.

I began to tear up, remembering what it's like to have to care for someone with a problem.

I'm turning into my mother.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"Don't apologize. Ever. You don't owe anyone shit. All it does is make the other person think they can control you." He said, taking the pill bottle and dumping it's contents into the toilet.

"Jeff! I need those! Without them I-" He cut me off.

"Oh I know what they're for. I took the same ones growing up. And they don't do anything. They're just mind tricks. The real you is in there, and I think it's about fucking time you let her out." He casually tossed the empty pill bottle into the trash.

His eyes focused on me, glancing up and down my body.

I felt a bit insecure, feeling as though he'd judge me.

"Why the hell do you look so nervous? I'm not gonna hurt you." He mumbled, walking past me.

"Let's go. Time for a shopping trip." He said.

I paused for a second before quickly following behind him, having to jog a bit to keep up.

"Jeff, can you slow down please?! I can only walk so god damn fast, you spider."