Chapter 19

-I think...I think we'll have to sleep now...- I said embarrassed.
-Yes, you're...you're right. Goodnight little one.- she said looking away.
-Good...goodnight Loki.- I said, closing my eyes and lulling myself feeling his heartbeat.
I felt protected and at home.
It didn't take me long to fall asleep.
The next morning when I woke up I heard voices, but I did not open my eyes and I began to listen.
-What are you doing here?- Dad asked in a normal voice and I felt he was pretty angry.
-Tony, lower your voice, she's sleeping.- Loki said -Anyway last night I heard her scream and I came to check on her, she had a nightmare. She had dreamed she was still in that damn cell, then she saw our corpses and as if that weren't enough Bucky, under Hydra's control, he was killing her. She was crying, I comforted her and then I didn't feel like leaving her alone.- Loki whispered.
I was grateful he hadn't told Dad that I had asked him to stay.
-Okay, but be careful not to hurt her. As soon as she wakes up come and have breakfast.- I heard footsteps then the door closed.
-I know you're awake, you can stop pretending, he's gone.- he chuckled.
-Oh, yes I'm sorry.- I said sitting up -Good morning and thanks for not having said anything to dad.-
-Good morning to you. You're welcome.- he smiled getting up -Breakfast? -
-Yes, let's go.- I took the crutch and we went out of my room together.
As soon as we left we noticed everyone looking at each other in surprise.
-Good morning? - I said, but it sounded more like a question.
-You and him?- Thor asked, smiling.
-What?! No.- I said blushing -I had a nightmare last night and he just kept me company.- I said sitting down.
-Okay...let's pretend we believe you.- Nat said, smiling mischievously.
-If we had done something you would have heard her scream.- Loki said quietly, Dad was drinking some coffee and spat it on the table.
-Loki?!- I called him back, becoming completely red in the face.
-What?- he asked looking at me -It's the truth, if they didn't hear you scream nothing happened.- he said shrugging, I saw dad refrain from answering, then Steve stood up and whispered something, after taking a breath, dad spoke.
-Then this Saturday there will be the welcome back party for y/n, so I want you all dressed decently, thank you.- he said getting up, while the others were having breakfast.
-Mom will come?- I asked.
-Yes, Pepper will come too.- He smiled.
-Wanda and I will help y/n get ready.- Nat said.
-I'm down.- said Wanda smiling.
-I never accepted.- I said jokingly.
-Let's start to see what to wear.- Natasha said getting up and helping me to get up, then we went to my room -You and Loki, then?- She smiled.
-No Nat, I already told you. Nothing happened.- I said blushing.
-If you blush, something must have happened.- Wanda said.
-No, really. We just slept.- I said and we started looking at the clothes in my closet.
Days passed and Saturday came.
In those days I was able to start walking again without a crutch, which made me very happy.
That morning I said goodbye to everyone and went to breakfast.
-Good morning girl, hurry up, we have to get ready.- Natasha said entering.
-Natasha...I just got up...- I said, yawning.
-There's no time.- she said, then Wanda came in too.
-Poor y/n. I would not like to be in your place today.- Steve said laughing.
-Loki, please turn yourself into me and go with them.- I whispered.
-It would be fine for me, but I could say untrue things and do things that would embarrass you.- he said with a smile.
-So you don't want help.- I said getting up and going to the girls -I arrive, I arrive.-
After taking a shower and drying my hair we moved on to clothes and makeup.
Wanda helped me arrange my hair, she styled it by taking the front strands and pinning them back with a decorated bobby pin, and the rest of the hair was loose and wavy.
As a dress I had chosen, with Nat's help, a little black dress that reached mid-thigh, with a tight bodice and a fairly wide pleated skirt, and at the foot of shoes with heels that were not too high.
At that moment we heard a knock.
-No Tony, you can't see your daughter.- Wanda said.
-I am Pepper, can I come in?- we heard the voice from outside.
-Yes, come in.- I said smiling.
-Hey, hello girls.- Mom said as she entered.
-Hello mom.- I said hugging her.
-Hi Pepper.- the two of them greeted her.
-You're beautiful.- she said, looking at me.
-Thank you.- I said.
Then we continued to prepare.
Mom pulled out of her briefcase a red dress that reached her feet, quite tight.
-Wow Pepper, you go down hard.- Nat said laughing.
-Oh yes.- said Wanda joining Nat.
-I don't want to have a little brother or a little sister.- I said sitting on the bed.
-Changing the subject, how are you and...? - She asked, looking at me.
-They slept together the day you left.- Wanda said, smiling.
-Don't scream, at least.- I said, blushing.
-What?- Mom asked, looking at me.
-Well...- and I began to tell her about the nightmare, about the fact that he had kept me company and the next morning when dad discovered us, while I was telling mom she was wearing makeup, we decided on nothing too exaggerated: mascara, eyeliner and blush.
-Ok, we're ready.- Nat said looking in the mirror.
-Dad and Bruce will go crazy when they see you.- I said.
-Even Loki will not be outdone.- smiled mom.
-Mom!- I yelled, blushing.
-Are you ready?- we heard a knock on the door.
-Almost, Tony.- Mom replied.
-Come on hurry up, guests are starting to arrive and there are many journalists and they want to know what happened.-
Mom opened the door and when Dad saw her he gasped, literally.
-You should close your mouth Tony, or flies will get in.- Nat said, taking a glare from the interested party.
-Wow...you are beautiful love.- he turned to mom -You are beautiful too.- he said to Nat and Wanda -y/n?-
-Here I am...- I said, stepping forward.
-Are you...is it really you?- he asked, looking at me from head to foot.
-Yes, what is it you don't like?- I asked.
-No, honey, you really are awesome. It's just...you grew up too fast.-
-I know.- I smiled bitterly.
-Come on, let's go down to the others.- said mom.
-Yes you are right. y/n are you ready?- he asked me.
-Honestly no.- I said nervously.