Chapter 31

Loki's pov
I was in y/n's room.
She had been asleep for a long time, I couldn't.
I felt there was something wrong.
But I didn't understand what it could be.
Suddenly I saw a beam of light outside the window.
Someone had come from Asgard.
I got up, being careful not to wake her, and went outside.
I found myself in front of Odin.
-Father. What brings you here on Midgard at this time of night?- I asked.
-Loki, my son, I was looking for you.- he said smiling, which made me worry even more.
-Were you looking for...me?- I asked confused.
-Yes, that's right.- he replied -I have decided that you will be the next king of Asgard...-
-It's fantastic, father.- I said, imagining reigning with y/n at my side, as my queen.
-Perfect, then leave that Midgardian, I've already arranged your marriage to the goddess Sigyn.- He said.
-No, wait what?- I asked, thinking I misunderstood.
-I told you to leave that Midgardian and that I have already arranged your wedding with Sigyn.- he repeated.
-I will not do that. "That Midgardian", as you call her, has a name and is my lady.- I said, raising my voice, angry -I certainly won't leave her for Sigyn.- I said crossing my arms over my chest.
-It was not a proposal, my son, but an order.- he said -Unless you want that mortal to be harmed. Because that's not what you want, is it?- He grinned.
-No...- I said looking down.
-Well, very good, son.- he smiled pleased -Come on, let's go. Let's go back to Asgard.-
-Can I at least leave her a letter?- I asked.
-Yes, but you don't have to tell her that I forced you, nobody has to find out.- he said.
-Yes, father.- I wrote a letter and placed it on the desk -Sorry darling but it's for your good.- I said leaving a kiss on her forehead and stroking her cheek -Forgive me, I had no other choice.- I said feeling tears in the eyes.
Without notifying anyone, Odin and I returned to Asgard.
-I will instruct you to become a perfect king.- he said -It's nice to have you back, son.-
-You are not my father and you never will be, especially after tonight.- I said, raising my voice a little and passing him.
As I walked to my room I met Frigga.
-Hello Mother.- I said greeting her.
-Loki? My son. What brings you here?- She asked me.
-I left y/n and Odin proposed to me to become king, I accepted.- I replied, even if the temptation to tell her the truth was great.
-You loved her, why this choice?- she asked, taking my hands in hers.
-I made her suffer in the past and I was afraid to do it again. Also I am a god and she is a mortal, I would not have worked.- I said looking down.
-This answer does not convince me, but that's okay, I won't force you to talk if you don't want.- she smiled at me -When you want to talk about it, you know where to find me.-
-Mother...- I whispered, feeling my eyes shining.
-Now I have to go, see you later.- she said smiling and then disappeared.
The first two days passed between Odin's lectures, some unpleasant encounters with Sigyn and I spent all my free time at Heimdall's watching her.
-How is she?- I asked entering the golden room.
-Like yesterday, Prince Loki, she continues to feel bad. She hasn't left her room for two days.- he informed me.
-And the others don't do anything?- I asked.
-They're trying, but she refuses to go out and eat.- he said with a sigh.
-I can't see her like this.- I said, feeling my heart shatter and my eyes tinged, I decided to go back to my rooms to rest.
After I don't know how much I heard the knock.
-Loki, can I come in?- I heard my mother's voice.
-Yes, come in.- I said sitting up.
-Will you marry Sigyn? Really?- She asked, shocked.
-Yes, why?- I asked, looking out the window.
-Loki you can't be serious.- she said coming to my side -First you leave that poor girl alone, then you come back and you want to become king, now Odin informs me of your marriage. What happened? You can talk to me, you know that right?- She asked in a sweet tone -Is there something you want to talk to me about?-
-Mother...- I said looking down and felt a tear fall -It was Odin...he threatened me saying that if I didn't do what he ordered, he would hurt her...I didn't want her to suffer...I had to accept...- I said freeing myself from a burden -What can I do?- I asked.
-You could create an illusion and go back to Midgard.- she said.
-He would soon notice, since he couldn't touch me and then he'd find her and hurt her.- I reminded her.
-Oh, it's true...- she said -Well I can't do much alone...but maybe I, you, Thor and y/n could convince him. All together.-
-I don't know, mother.- I said looking at her.
-I'm going to Midgard now and I'll tell them what happened, then let's come back here and try to make Odin think, okay?- She smiled at me.
-It could be dangerous...- I said -I don't want anyone to get hurt.-
-Do not worry.- she smiled at me -I'm going to inform them, see you later. And rest assured, everything will be fine.-
-See you later, mother...and thank you. For everything, really.- I smiled at her, then she went out.
I started pacing back and forth in my room nervously.
What would have happened?
Would she believe her or not?
Would she come to help me?
My heart began to beat faster at the very thought of seeing her again.
After a while I heard a knock on the door.
At that noise I snapped to attention.
-Who is it?- I asked.
-It's me, Sigyn, my king, your father wants to talk to you...- I heard her annoying voice.
-Sigyn, I'm not your king yet.-I said annoyed.
-Yes, but in a few days we'll be married and we'll be king and queen.- She said.
-Go away Sigyn, now I don't want to talk.-
-Okay, see you later, my king.- Then I heard footsteps moving away
"Please hurry..." I thought sitting on the bed.