Chapter 10

Monday had rolled around quickly with the weekend passing in seconds. Me and Louis had barely stopped texting each other after our little date at my house when he had to leave.

I was so positive because I knew he was gonna pass the test with flying colors.

So that morning, I had woken up with a smile on my face, quickly checking my phone for any texts from him before I got ready and headed down for breakfast.

"Hey, H," Liam said as soon as he saw me. "You're up early for a Monday."

I shrugged, sitting at the bar. "Guess I finally woke up to my alarm."

Liam chuckled, handing me a plate of food. "Well, eat up and then we'll head out. Also don't forget; this Friday is our movie night with Zayn and Niall so I wanna go buy some more snacks and stuff because I think Niall ate some."

I bit my lip to keep a secret smile from creeping onto my face and merely nodded, stuffing my mouth with food.

This movie night was a traditional thing that started when Niall joined the football team. As a celebration before his first game with Zayn and Liam, we all had came up with a movie night the week before the game.

It was always fun because we would always laze around and eat food all night until we fell asleep to the TV playing in the background. But it also kinda made me sad to know Louis would never be invited because of Liam.

I wanted to hang out with him and maybe have another date too but I couldn't miss out on a traditional thing me, Liam, Niall and Zayn have been doing for years.

It would also look suspicious of me to miss out too.

"I hope you and Ni won't mind if I bring someone over to join us?" Liam asked smoothly and I looked up at him.

"Yeah," I shrugged. "I don't see the problem with it. Have you told Zayn?"

Liam nodded. "Yeah, I told him to bring someone too. More the merrier, you know? You and Niall can too."

I pretended to give a thoughtful look before waving away at his words and Liam left it at that. I didn't want to say I have someone in mind because the person in my mind was Louis and I didn't want any questions thrown at me about how close we've gotten.

So I was glad that the conversation was left at that and we just sat there and ate.

But I wish things could be so much easier.

<><><>

School had passed painfully slow. Today was the day that me and Louis both had our test today in Miss. Lancy's class and I wanted to know how he did.

Thankfully, I had Niall with me most of the time so I hadn't run into Nick. We mostly talked about football and the movie night. And I caught on how he wouldn't shut up about Zayn.

I told him as such when I teased him, earning a smack on the head in addition.

But I was grateful because we passed the time through our classes all the way until we were walking out of the building. I was heading to where Louis usually parked because we had planned to hang out after school with my brother and Niall thinking I was still tutoring.

"Mate, why don't you ask him out? I'm sure he'd say yes," I chuckled, nudging Niall who looked shy.

"I don't know, H. And I don't want to ruin our friendship by asking him out and finding out he doesn't feel the same," Niall muttered as we walked outside through the parking lots.