Chapter 17

A/N: early update! Happy Thanksgiving guys! Thank you for all the support! :)
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

The first thing that came to mind when I woke up slowly was the sound of many, many, people around me. There was yelling and maybe even some screaming but everything was too fuzzy.

The next thing that also came to mind was how much I hurt everywhere. But I couldn't move, speak or anything. I was trapped with this painful feeling without relief. I couldn't recognize any of the voices around me nor did I recognize where I was anymore.

But I hurt too much and was too out of it to care or panic.

Until someone touched me.

I jerked away as best as I could away from the hand that made pain bloom, making me cry out even though it was muffled.

I started to struggle, trying to force my eyes open but I couldn't see anything as tears blurred my sliver of vision. The hand quickly disappeared and a different pair of hands touched me but they were gentle and warm.

"Harry, Hazza," finally a voice broke through to my ears and I stopped.

Louis.

"I'm here, don't worry. Stay still, I need to get you down ok?" He said softly. Other people were talking too loudly so I could barely hear him. Someone was beside him too, talking. I tried to answer but something was covering my mouth and I hurt too much to even move my head to give him an answer.

"I got you, I'm here. I'm sorry," he murmured and two pairs of hands came forward to peel off whatever was trapping me. Fear was creeping up in me as I could feel a rush of air brush my sore body.

Suddenly, I was blinded and I could feel panic building. It wouldn't stop.

Both pairs of hands were careful and soothing as they finished peeling whatever was stuck to me. I took a deep breath when I could breathe easier.

When I fell forward, people called out but I couldn't carry myself. Someone caught me and I cried out again in pain, its touch blooming all over my body in an restless wave. A hand came near my mouth and I felt them untie the rope around my head.

I gasped, gulping down air as best as I could but even my breaths were ragged and harsh on my lungs. Slowly, I felt them lead me to lay on the ground gently, the ground hard and cold against my back. For a second, I was left alone, breathing ragged but it was painful. Still, there were voices all around me but I still couldn't hear them clearly because they all sounded to distant.

"Hey, Harry? Can you open your eyes? We need to take you to the hospital, ok? The medics are on their way," a voice called closed to me and I recognized the voice as Liam's.

I tried to calm down then as best as I could but my body was shaking so bad, despite it feeling too weak to do anything, and I still couldn't speak or anything, in shock, panic and just plain fear.

I felt like I almost died. Did I almost die?

All I could remember was Nick and his friends, trapping me in the bathroom to do what they had planned. When I kept struggling, Nick had beaten me so bad and knocked me in the head hard enough to make me black out.

Thinking about it made me panic even more and by now I was hyperventilating, trying to drag in air into my achy lungs. Someone spoke to me but their words were muffled by the ringing in my ears.

Their hand touched my arm lightly, gently, to be soothing but I flinched, squirming away. The weight in in my chest grew and I felt too hot. I barely noticed that I was pulling on my shirt because all I could focus on was the blinding white light in my eyes.