6

"Prude?" Lydia added to my embarrassment after Leo had disappeared. "What is wrong with you?" she scolded me.

"How do you expect me to think straight, when that sexy god given gift to human beings is staring at me" I threw my hands up dramatically.

Few students that were discussing in groups, turned to look at us. Without wanting to attract unwanted attention, I bent and picked up both my Flip-flops. Such misery, they were only three years old, and now we were parting way.

"If you can't even talk to him without sounding like a complete fool. How are you two gonna gift the world with Leonettes?" Lydia asked, taking long strides to keep up with my pace.

"Osmosis?" she asked when caught up with me. She then broke into an hysterical laughter to her own joke. What difference did she have with those people that retweeted their own tweets.

I shook my head in disbelief. The guy had not even asked me out and Lydia was thinking about babies. He just scribbled his number on my palm, comfortably. While the simple action of his hand on mine, made my heart stop beating and my legs went in a jumble mambo.

"At least I got his number unlike you who is yet to know the name of that cute guy from Performing Arts"

"Mystery Prudence. Mystery is what keeps a relationship. You keep them guessing" she spoke in a hushed tone, as if it would make it more thrilling.

"Does he even know he is in a relationship"

"It all comes back to mystery, Prudence. One of these days my dear Catholic schooled friend, I'll give you my famous 101 on relationships—she placed her hand on my shoulder. Then pointed my head. "—It starts from the mind then grows to physical relationship"

"Yeah, I don't see that happe..." I had to stop mid sentence, when my eyes caught a sight of him walking towards us. He was in a group of two guys and three girls. He looked like he wished he was somewhere else, as his face wore a bored expression. I looked at my bare feet, why did we also meet in queer circumstances. He had not seen me, maybe he didn't even remember me. However second guessing wasn't my thing.

"Let cross the road to the other pavement. It's less crowded"

I didn't give her the chance to speak, I was pulling her towards the tarmac road.

"Too hot" I winced when my feet stepped on the tarmac.

"That gotta hurt like a bitch" I was sure that wasn't Lydia's voice. It was deep and husky.

Let it be a mistake and that in a mysterious way, Lydia's voice has become deep' I thought as I whipped my head.

Hi face now wore a smug. What was so amusing?

"Or was that a compliment for me?" he added on the account of my silence. His smug grew deeper.

"Hi" I waved. His group of friends, watched me with interest.

"Why are you walking barefoot?" A girl that her hair looked like it was on fire asked.

"Oh, her religion doesn't approve of shoes" Lydia spoke in laughter, always finding more ways to embarrass me.

"I have heard of many weird religions, like that which doesn't allow its followers to go to hospitals or take any medicine but never that denies wearing of shoes" The second girl that had short hair, spoke with interest.

Lydia went ahead inventing her own religion and they bought every single detail and went further to ask questions.

I lifted my head and found Histoplasmosis watching me. I found myself blushing.