Chapter 3

"I don't know, Chels. There still a lot of stuff I need to do here. There's a new deal we just closed with some Russians and I need to go over some details for the contract. It could take all night..." Ximena trailed off to her friend on the phone.

She was indeed very busy, if the stacks of paperwork on her desk said anything. Being the heiress to the Dos Ramos shipping network was certainly not easy, but no challenge was to difficult for Ximena Dos Ramos. She was born for this, and nothing would change that. Well, at least she thought.

Chelsea sighed. "Come on, Mena. I'm in Miami for two more nights then I'm off to Amsterdam for another photoshoot. I won't be back for at least a month!" she whined, trying to convince Ximena to take some time of from her tedious work schedule.

Ximena slouched back in her seat, weighing her options. It was a Friday, meaning she could probably draw up the contract over the weekend but was she really up for a night of adventure?

"Where are you taking me again?" she asked, still needing some more convincing.

"It's a club opening. Some of my friends are going too. Please, I know you wanna go!" she pressed, earning a soft chuckle from Ximena. "You could even meet somebody you like."

Yeah right, Ximena thought with an eye roll. Since her previous date from hell with Logan, she was taking a break from dating. There was no reason for her to rush anyway, seeing as she's only twenty-two years old and she'd just started working at the company. She had plenty of time to scout out men before it was time to settle down, or so she thought...

Just then, her door opened and in walked Dominic her personal assistant. Though she'd never admitted it, he was pretty handsome and very efficient too. His yellow-brown skin glowed from the sun rays that were streaming into the open view office and his grey eyes crinkled when he smiled softly at her.

"Okay, I'm in. I gotta go now, still have loads of work to do though so I'll meet you there. Send me the directions," she drawled recklessly then said goodbye and ended the call.

Dominic spoke up. "Going somewhere tonight?" he asked, placing some paperwork on her glass desk.

Ximena hummed in response, grabbing on of the papers and began to scan it over. "Chelsea is leaving Miami for some time so she wants to hang out one more time before she goes," she explained and then picked up another sheet.

He laughed, then walked over to one of the large windows. "Why do you sound so reluctant? I thought she was your BFF?" he asked, adding air quotations for emphasis.

She stopped what she was doing and sighed. "She is, but sometimes she can be a bit much. I'm very certain the only reason she wants me to tag along is so that I go man hunting, if that's what you call it, and I'm really not in the mood for that. All I want to do is focus on my job."

"Sometimes all you have to do is just look in front of to find the right man," he murmered softly, with an undertone of longing. If Ximena had turned her gaze over to him, she would have seen the sheer look of adoration flooding his eyes.

Ximena waved him off. "Maybe. I think I'll just wait a bit longer before I go looking for someone."

Dominic started for the door. "I'll leave you to it," he added and then exited.

***

Fashion had never really been Ximena's forte. Although her walk-in closet was overflowing with designer clothes, with labels like Ralph Lauren, Prada and Gucci, just to mention a few, she had no idea what to wear. It didn't help that she was also running behind schedule, seeing as it was already quarter to seven.