Chapter 11

After a long hot shower, Ximena closed the faucet. She stepped out of the glass and into the humid air of the bathroom, took a towel and dried her body before tying it around her. She took another one for her hair and dried it as well. Once done, she made her way over to the mirror and stared at her reflection.

Her face was skinnier than it had been before, along with her body. Her hair, which had been black before, was littered with blonde highlights and cropped to shoulder length. Overall, the woman in the mirror was not Ximena. She was a product of betrayal and cowardice.

It had been about 3 weeks since she'd boarded the jet and had flown over to Paris. She'd been there multiple times with her family and had fallen in love with the city. It was spectecular, had a scenic beauty she'd never quite seen anywhere else so it was naturally her first choice of escape.

Slowly, she ran her fingers through her wet tangled curls and wrapped them in a towel. Running away had been a huge mistake on her part but she did not have the guts to go back. The truth is, she was scared of the consequences...scared of her father's reaction along with everybody else's.

Everyone was probably wondering where she is. To them, it wasn't like her to just up and leave without their knowledge. She hadn't talked to any of her family members since she had left her phone back at Chelsea's apartment in Miami. Had she brought it along, her father would have certainly pulled some strings by now and figured out where she was.

With a sigh, Ximena exited the ensuite bathroom and stepped into the presidential suite. She was so engrossed in her thoughts that she didn't notice the figure that was seated on the couch near the corner of the room.

"Running away from your problems does not solve them, Ximena."

She didn't need to turn around in order to know who that voice belonged to. She was, however, shocked as to how he had found her.

"H-how did you find me?" she muttered lowly, her heart suddenly beginning to race. She heard as his footsteps approaching and stopped a couple of feet away from her. Slowly, she turned around and came face to face with him, all six feet of him.

HIs lips were quirked up in a devillish smirk, his piercing jade orbs ablaze with an emotion she couldn't pinpoint. As expected, he was sporting a navy blue Armani suit with a crisp black silk shirt underneath but with no tie. His feet were clad in black Prada dress shoes. Overall, he looked simply to die for and it was irritating the life out of her.

"That's not important. You need to pack your stuff up, we're leaving tonight," he commanded coolly in his velvelty voice

She blinked at him. "I'm not going anyway. If that's what you came here for, then you might as well leave," she sliced coldly and turned to walk away but his hand caught her arm before she could. She made a move to shrug him off but his grip only tightened. Her anger filled azure orbs flew up to meet his fierce green ones. "Get your hand off me now."

"I don't know how that small mind of yours works but you really don't have a say in this. I said pack your stuff, we're leaving," he reiterated sharply, his tone laced with condescension.

The insult did not go unnoticed by Ximena, as she brought her free hand to connect with his handsome face but it didn't reach it's destination. Taking advantage of their position, Adriano pulled her towards him and she collied with his chest roughly.

"Listen, little girl, I do not by any means want to get married either but it needs to happen. Running away from your problems will not make them disappear. Now, stop this childish behavior of yours and do as I say, you selfish spoiled brat," he spat acidly, his slight Spanish drawl detectable.

The words cut through her heart like shattered glass. Nobody had ever spoken like that to her before and she hadn't expected it from him. Is that what he really thought of her.

Involuntary tears sprang to her closed eyelids. She began to thrash about in his arms. "You have no right to speak like that to me," she yelled into is shirt. "You don't even know me," she choked silently. He suddenly let her go which caused her to stumble back slighlty. The towel that was around her frame became loose and hung off her dangerously low. It took superhuman strength for Adriano not to look at her exposed cleavage.

He started towards the door. "I'll be back for you," he said nonchalantly and took his leave.

As soon as the door closed, Ximena let out a loud sob. She fell to the floor in a crumpled mess. The towel on her had had come undone so she just tossed it across the room carelessly.

Nobody had ever made her feel so small and worthless. But how exaclty had he found her? She'd been so careful to go under the radar. She had left her phone and other traceable belongings back in Miami. Now it seemed running had truly been futile because he'd found her and by the looks of it, the stupid contract would proceed.

Wiping away the last of her tears, she stormed into the walk-in closet and absentmindely picked an outfit. A pair of black skinny jeans, a plain white t-shirt, a white fur trench coat and a pair of white stilettos. She didn't bother to look at the brands because she just didn't care. There really wasn't much to pack given that she'd only bought a few articles, thanks to Chelsea.

She pulled out a suitcase with the initials LV on it. One by one she threw the garments in, including undergarments. Her hair was still wet from the shower so it left little drops on her shoulders or onto the floor with her movements. She was like a zombie; lifeless and sluggish in her movements.

Once done, she just sat on the king-sized bed and stared at the clock above the flatscreen TV. It read 7:39 PM. She hadn't noticed that it was night time already and some time had passed since her spat with Adriano.

That attractive jerk, she thought angrily. She just couldn't believe she had been attracted to him so blindly not having known that he was just like every other guy she'd met over the last couple of years. He was so commanding, cold and judgemental. He called her selfish. Ximena knew she wasn't selfish, or was she?

"Great, now he's making me question myself," she muttered to herself with a sigh. And to think that's the guy she was going to get married to...

The door suddenly burst open, and in strolled her soon to be husband.

"I probably should have asked this earlier, but how did you get into my room?" she asked curiously, rising from her bed.

He stopped a few feet away from her and shrugged. "I just told them you're my fiancée. Anyway, are you ready to go?" he asked, his eyes racking all over her body in a not so subtle way.

She looked away, her cheeks becoming warm and crossed her arms. "You'd think a five-star hotel would be more proffesional than that," she murmered lowly.

"Let's have dinner."

_______________
The update  is here. What do you think? The sparks are flying!!!!

Vote, comment and share please.

My dear lovelies,

Deetronite😘