Chapter 21

The next morning, Ximena was fast asleep when someone opened up the curtains in her room, allowing sunlight to stream in and relentlessly assault her face. She moaned as she turned over so that she was facing downwards and then covered her head with the duvet. Whoever let the light in came over and ripped the covers over her body, making her skin be kissed by the chilly morning air.

Andrea smiled at her wickedly. "Rise and sunshine," she bellowed not even phased by the daggers Ximena was now shooting her.

"Shouldn't you be at school?" Ximena snapped, completely livid because of the way she'd been woken up. Andrea's smile widened, which shouldn't have been physically possible.

'It's summer vacation, my dear ignorant sister. Mama said that today an event planner is coming over to help plan the party and wedding!" she chimed. Ximena groaned. She did not feel like doing anything, especially not that.

She rubbed her eyes. "What time is it?" she asked, ignoring her sister's words. Last night she had been in a state of euphoria because of Adriano's message and hadn't been able to sleep until around 2 in the morning.

"Ten, you missed breakfast. You better get ready for the day because we're gonna have to go over a lot of things, mianly for the birthday 'gala' as dad said yesterday. The planner will be here in hour's time or so, get the hell out of bed and into the bath. Now," she said and began to drag her sleep induced sibling out of her bed and into the adjoining bathroom.

Ximena got out of her night clothes, used the lavatory and then got into the shower for fifteen minutes to scrub herself clean. Once done, she wrapped a fluffy pink towel around her body and then shuffled over to the sink, where she brushed her teeth then she looked herself in the mirror. Her highlights were beginning to fade and the natural black hue was seeping back into the picture but she didn't much care. If she was being honest, she preferred her own hair color. Dying it had just been a statement to her father, which proved to be pointless anyways.

Back in her room, she was relieved to see Andrea had left. She blowed dried her hair and it fell into the natural bouncy curls that now reached just past her shoulders. Walking over to the walk in closet, she picked out some peach shorts with a matching top, then a pair of white strappy heels. After applying body cream, deodarant and perfume, she changed into the outfit and then left her room.

With a rumbling tummy, Ximena went over to the kitchen where the maids were scurrying about preparing something and took a seat by the island. Once they noticed her presence, they greeted her and then gave her some food that'd been left over from breakfast. immediately she began to devour it. Andrea came in and took a seat on the bar stool next to hers.

"So, what happened yesterday?" she inquired, her eyebrows wiggling suggestively.

Ximena popped a cherry tomato into her mouth. "I told you this already. We went to the mall and then walked around talking. Afterwards we had lunch, then he brought me back home," she replied, annoyed.

Andrea took her phone out of her pocket, then swiped a few time before pratically shoving it in Ximena's face. It showed a picture of her and Adriano pushed up against each other, his hands around her waist and her hand around his neck. It looked like they were kissing from the angle it had be shot. Memories of that moment rushed back in full force, making her cough.

That picture completely blew things out of proportion. All she had wanted to do was get him to try her doughnut and maybe get him into the trend of the sugar filled goodness. Had they really been that close? Her face flamed at the thought.

"Where did you get that photo? Were you spying on us?" she accused and Andrea laughed, taking a phone back and going through it.

"Of course I wasn't syping on you. Someone who was at the mall took this picture and it's on almost every gossip column in Miami, if not Florida. They're saying the one of the most eligible yet elusive bachelors was caught getting super close to some mystery woman. You see, they can't quite see who you are in the pic and since you rarely go out in public they've got no idea who you are. I wonder how much I'll get for revealing your identity..." she trailed off and Ximena slapped her arm.

"Don't you dare!" she warned and then began to play with the food in her plate. "I didn't even know Adriano was that popular," she rambled angrily. Why was he even that well known?

Andrea scoffed. "Let me reiterate what I told you not too long ago, have you been living under a rock. Tu es muy loco! Adriano Dos Santos is one of the hottest papis in the whole state, if not country. Literally every woman has their sights set on him but unfortunately he is closed off and doesn't mingle much. When he's spotted in public, he's a sight for sore eyes. So if he's spotted with a female being all cosy then people are gonna get curious. Just pray you don't receive too much hate for snatching him," she ranted and Ximena sighed.

Their mother walked into the kitchen, dressed in a long expensive looking dress with floral patterns, strappy heels, face with sober make up and her pulled back in a tight bun. As always, she was overdressed even though she was most probably going to stay at home. The maids greeted her and she nodded in acknowledgement. Her face stretched into a breathtaking smile when her eyes landed on her daughters.

"I thought I might find you here," she said, a Spanish accent evident. It wasn't too bad but anyone could spot it. Dolores was in her late forties, and had grown up in Mexico before moving to Miami in her late teens.

She strode over elegantly to Ximena and hugged her, before placing a kiss on her forehead. "Good morning mama," Ximena said with a small smile. Her mother's love was always radiating whenever it was around and it made her feel warm inside.

Andrea pouted. "How about me, mom. Where is my kiss?"

Dolores rolled her eyes but kissed her forehead too. "I already saw you Andy. So, I came to collect the both of you because the party planner is here," she said and then turned her attention to one of the maids. "Are the snacks ready, Sofia?" she asked in Spanish, and she nodded. "Good, I'll tell you when to bring them out. We're going to be quite busy today. We might actually need lunch as well, by the pool. It's bright and sunny today."

"Come on, mi amores, let's go. A lot needs to be planned and we only have a few days. Ariba, ariba!" she shooed them off of their seat and out of the kitchen.

It was definitely going to be a long day.

_____________________

Hey guys. Here is an update for you. Still working very hard on this story and my school work. Balancing the two is very hard! I will keep trying to make you happy though....even if it kills me

Remember to vote, share and comment!

~Deetronite🍓