Chapter 28

No matter how much she tried to act like she was comfortable, Ximena just couldn’t stop fidgeting. She had no idea what Adriano wanted to show her but that wasn’t exactly the problem. Ever since he’d kissed her for the first time, and the second time that afternoon, her feelings for him had escalated hundredfold. Yes, she was attracted to him physically, but that was not all. Adriano, though he was a total jerk to her in Paris, he wasn’t all bad. Beneath that tough exterior, he was gentle, caring and sweet.

Or maybe it was all in her mind.

If you did, you'd know she's not my type. I don't normally go for spoiled girls.

Those cruel words always echoed in her head. He probably did not even feel anything for her.

You are mine.

All of this was just confusing the hell out of her. His phone began to ring, bringing her out of her unprecedented thoughts. It was connected to the car’s system so he just pressed a button his steering wheel and answered it.

“What do you want Fuentemayor,” he drawled bored, as he continued to expertly cruise along the highway.

Santiago chuckled. “Well, I stopped by your office to see you and ask if we’re still on for tonight. By the way, why aren’t you here? Are you missing work on purpose? Looks like my habits are starting to rub off on you,” he said, mirth lacing his voice.

“I’m with my fiancée,” he replied with a smirk, giving her the side eye. Her face immediately flushed red. “And yes, we’re still on for tonight. I’ll be there by 8, I think.”

“Nice one. I knew that you’d be hitting that sooner or later,” he added cheekily and Adriano groaned as he sped his car up a little. Ximena just stared at the dashboard, completely appalled.

“She can hear you; you know. Listen, I’ve got to go now, I’m almost at my destination. By the way, you better not have invited Pedrad like you did at the engagement party. You know that I don’t exactly like that cocky moron,” he warned.

“Too late. I’ve already done that. Loosen up, man. He’s my friend too. Anyways, I’ll let you go for now, playboy. Bye Ximena,” with that he ended the call. Sighing, Adriano took a right turn and entered into a beautiful neighborhood littered with houses that had manicured lawns and shrubs. Ximena looked on his curiosity, wondering where they were and why they were there. Swerving, he brought the car to a halt in the driveway of one in particular. It was a mansion, but not as big as her parents of the others she’d seen. This one was unique, quaint and unassuming.

Once Adriano stepped out, he went over to open the door for and held his hand out to help her out. She looked up at the wide building with the blue roof tiles. “This is a nice house,” she said truthfully.

He smiled at her. “Let’s see the inside.”

Entering through the mahogany door, they walked into the foyer that had two passages to the left and right, then a staircase that led upstairs. By the looks of it, it was fully furnished with a rustic, homey feel to it. A diamond chandelier hung over them, glistening expensively. With his hand still around hers, he pulled her to the right passage which led to the kitchen. This continued until they’d seen the whole house, which had about five bedrooms, two lounges, four and a half bathrooms, a kitchen, a pantry, a dining room, an office and two empty rooms that could be used for anything. The backyard had a lovely pool with a jacuzzi attached to it, a barbecue area and a lot of space. The front just had two garages and a spacious driveway. Once they’d seen it all, they went back into the kitchen.

“So,” he began with a happy look on his face. “What do you think? Do you like it?”

Ximena walked around a bit, place her bag on top of the island and leaned against it. “Yeah, it’s pretty beautiful.”