11

You woke up slowly, your head still pounding but you adjusted to the dim room quickly. Looking around to see no one.

You tried to sit up, but you then realized that your feet and arms were strapped to a slanted table.

"The heck." You whispered while jerking, ignoring the pain in your back as you thrashed. You were wearing perfectly fitting black leggings and a very large black hoodie, assuming it was the attire from someone else's wardrobe, although no one would have such small pants, possibly a spare. You didn't really enjoy the all black fit though, black wasn't a pleasant color in your eyes.

"Hey.. hey it's okay. Calm down." You heard softly as a door shut. You looked up to see Natasha.

"Why am I locked up again." You whispered, fear clear in your eyes.

"We just wanted to make sure you wouldn't panic when waking up." Natasha replied while walking over and pulling a chair up to sit in.

"Well I'm feeling a little panicked." You winced as your voice became too large.

"You have a grade one concussion so dim lights and no technology for the next day or so." Natasha said softly. You nodded and squeezed your eyes.
"We haven't gone through any of your things.. we want you to tell us about you in your own time. But I really do want you to know you can trust us. No matter what it is we will not send you away. We won't call your family. You are safe." Natasha said with a small smile. You opened your eyes and looked directly into her hazel ones.

"My names Elvira." You whispered. She smiled wide.

"Nice to finally meet you Elvira." Natasha said while gripping your hand.

"Can you- can you do me a favor?" You questioned, shifting your body in the uncomfortable chains. Natasha nodded.

"Can you go to the bottom of my bag and grab my lion." You whispered, slightly embarrassed. She nodded and quickly walked over to grab it from the bag. You saw the light change in her eyes as she saw the blanket and pillow.

"He is a very cute lion." She smiled while nudging it between your arms.

"It's the only thing that was left with me when my parents left me as a child.. I just have trouble sleeping without it." You whispered. Suddenly you felt the clamps on your wrist release and the bed went to lay flat, you looked to see Natasha setting up a small bed in the corner on a twin sized mattress.

"You'll have to keep an ankle weight attached to the floor in but your have more mobility." Natasha said while fluffing your a pillow. You were surprised to have not noticed the bed in the corner before. You immediately stood up, wobbling slightly from so much inactivity.

You flopped stomach first onto the bed, laughing as you did so. Natasha smiled at the pure happiness at your face as she re-clamped one of your ankles. You almost had tears in your eyes.

"Are you in pain? Why are you crying?" She's asked immediately worried, you giggled with a slight sniffle.

"No.. no. I just haven't slept in a real bet in years." You smiled while pulling the thick duvet over yourself.

"Oh, had me worried for a second." She giggled as well.
"Well it's pretty late. Tomorrow your head should already be feeling ten times better." She added while walking to the door.

"Please get some rest." She said while clicking off the lights. Your body immediately stiffened as the room went dark.

"Wait!" You yelled into the hall, straining your head.

"Yes?"

"Can you please turn the light back on?" You questioned, trying to hide the shakiness of your voice. The light clicked back on and your body relaxed.