Chapter 2- Eventful

Song on the side or above ---> courage by Hamilton ft. Hedvig

Not edited

------------------------------------------------------------------------

After taking care of Micaela and Michael I headed towards my office. I walked in and sat by my desk putting my head in my hands. I was just so annoyed by the elders who piss me of like always, then angered by the sadness. I was just so tired. Hearing somebody clear their throat, I looked up, annoyance written all over my face. I had totally forgotten that I had send Caleb and Jacob to my office.

"What?" I asked irritated.

"Alpha, Alpha Jackson called again waiting for you to call. And I was wondering if you don't need me today I was hoping I could visit my uncle." Jacob asked. Every year around this time Jacob and Jaqueline would go to visit their uncle, their mother's brother.

"Of course. As long as you keep your and your sisters mind-link open." I said. He bowed and left. Caleb was about to leave as well, but then I remembered Nikita.

"Caleb can you tell Nikita to visit me. I would like to speak with her." I told him before he left. He looked back at me before answering.

"Yes, I will. Alpha" he bowed his head and left. Once the door closed I took the office phone and called Alpha Jackson.

"Alpha Jackson speaking" I heard him say.

"Alpha Jackson, it is Alpha Volkov. You called?"

"Oh yes! Thank you for calling. Many Alphas have been having rouge and vampire problems. They've requested a meeting with the six Alphas of the biggest packs, but since the unmated ball is coming up we have decided we would put them together. I know you usually send your Beta and third to come instead, but some are very sensitive and defensive of it and have asked that this meeting should only be heard by alphas." He said. I mentally groaned and dragged a hand over my face. I usually do not go to alpha meetings, since I'll probably end up ripping somebodies throat.

"Fine I will come, when is it?" I asked.

"In two days." I heard him hesitate. I suddenly stiffened. Is he fucking kidding me? Taking a long breath I tried to calm down.

"The ball will start at 7 pm. Everybody has to have a mask on. Each pack a colour. Your pack, the females will have the dark purple while males will have dark blue. As an Alpha we are asking you to keep your pack out of problems please. The meeting will be at 10 am the next morning. I will send you the rest of the information." He said.

"Ok, well thank you for informing me Alpha Jackson. Goodbye." I said.

"Goodbye Alpha Volkov." He said then hanged up this day just isn't ending.
A small knock on the door took me out of my thoughts. Calling a small 'come in', Nikita's head popped in.

"You wanted me Alpha?" she asked.

"Yes Nikita come in." I said motioning her to sit on the sofa. I then came and sat by her. Nikita is like the only girl around my age whom I speak to without being professional. Dropping the alpha act, I sat facing her.

"Nikita I wanted to ask you if you have some of those sleeping herbs. Last time I slept was-"
I stopped suddenly taking a big sniff, my wolf noticing something making my green eyes turn into Lila's gold ones.

"Your scent is different..." I state confused.

-Listen to how many heart beats are in the room. Lila says. I sharpen my hearing. 1...2...3. There are 3 heart beats?

"You're pregnant?" I ask eyes wide. Nikita blushes furiously.

"Uh, yeah... but don't tell Caleb! He doesn't know yet." She says quickly.

"Why haven't you?"

"I don't know how to approach him with it. What if he doesn't want to become a father?" she asked.

"First of all, I bet he'd love the news. Second you have magic, use it." I told her. She thought for a minute, before nodding.

"I'll think of something, but back to the reason I'm here. Has it been two weeks since you've had your last herb?" she asked. I just nodded back.

"Well, I'll see what I have for you." She said. I stood up, congratulating her with a hug.

After Nikita left, I had called a pack meeting to inform them about the ball.
Walking in the pack house and then out to the backyard I found my whole pack waiting for me. Once they saw me, they all bowed their heads saying alpha.

"I've called for this meeting to inform you that there is going to be a ball for the unmated. Every unmated person will go. Caleb will be in charge since they've asked me to attend an alpha meeting, and Beta Jacob is unmated. The ball is masqueraded, and each pack will have a colour representing their pack. Our pack was given dark purple for females, while dark blue for males. We will leave tomorrow 8 pm, and I expect ALL of you to behave, both the people here or with me. Since it came so sudden training is cancelled until after the ball." Cheers erupted through the crowed.

"HOWEVER, I expect for you to do some basics by yourself. AM I understood?" I said. A chorous of "yes alpha" followed after.

"Dismissed." I said and I walked out. Jaqueline and Nikita walked up to me.

"Do you know what this means?" they asked in unison excited. Too much excitement.

"No..."

"We are going shopping!" the yelled. I covered my ears.

Fucking shit!