chapter 5- The Moment

Well here is chapter 5! Sorry for being absent
On the side is how I imagine Mila's hair, dress and mask!
Song on the side or above-----> Feel This Moment, by Pitbull ft. Christina Aguilera
Xoxo, Nour
_______________________________________________________

"Alpha, wha-aa-t is happening?" she stuttered out with a shriek.

-It is happening isn't it? I heard Jake say through the link. I turned to him and nodded. I saw Manuel with a horrified but understanding look in his face.

"Jaqueline, listen to me. You are shifting, do not fight the pain. Think of something or somebody who makes you calm, maybe a place or something." I said kneeling by her. She just whimpered back with a small nod.

"EVERYBODY GET BACK TO WHATEVER YOU WERE DOING! Jake, carry Jaqueline into the woods. Now!" I said in my Alpha voice. Manuel turned towards me, as if asking for permission to come with.

"Manny it is better if you stay here; we want her to focus on her wolf, for her to survive this. And I need you to be in charge while me and Jake are gone." his face fell again, but he just nodded back and left. I turned again towards the direction Jake left. I keep on turning a lot. I took out my phone and dialled Caleb's number, and then i started running.

"Alpha." I heard him say. I put in speaker and kept on running.

"Caleb I need Nikita to come right away with her withy stuff. Jaqueline is shifting."

"Ok I will prepare a vehicle right away."

"No you don't understand. When I said send Nikita, meaning let her teleport here. RIGHT NOW!"

"Yes Alpha" and the line went dead. I then ran with my Alpha speed and stop exactly in front of shrieking and twisting Jaqueline. She seemed in less pain, meaning she listened to my advice. I felt another present her and knew that Nikita had arrived. I turned to her giving her a nod, meaning permission to start. Usually when somebody is shifting, there is a ritual done. It is usually done after the shift, but the problem is once the shift is done, you become a rogue. We have to do the ritual right now since we aren't in our territory. Once Jaq finished shifting, the Alphas will sense her, sending people to kill her. Nikita will do the ritual while Jaq is shifting so Jaqueline is connected to our pack directly.

I looked towards Jake, seeing him beside his sister humming something to her. I then started to take of my clothes and shifting bracelet. For this ritual to go correctly the alpha will be the first to connect with the shifter, and it has to be holy so no extra magic shit or something.

Then I started to feel the pain in my pain, and I knew it started. I started to half shift, meaning my eyes change colour, claws come forward and my ears perk up. I let out a sicking howl, and then kept howling over and over, the pain being unbearable. My bones stared to twist and crush into each other, and looking towards Jaq I saw that she was in the same state. Nikita started to enchant her Latin chants over and over again, each time her voice raising more. It was almost as painful as my own first shift, and that is telling something. Then I felt it, the rush of adrenaline, the power. I gave one last howl before the change happened. I transformed into the beautiful grey wolf I am. I then lifted my wolf head from its crouched position, and emerald eyes met my gold ones. Jaqueline's reddish wolf bowed its head in a way so it's right side of its neck was shown, a sign of both respect and submission. I gave a wolf nod back.

-Welcome to the pack Jaqueline.

- Thank you alpha, and it isn't only Jaqueline, it is also Cierra now. She linked back. I looked around and saw Jake stand up and shift to his brown wolf and jog up to his sister nuzzling into her. Then I turned to Nikita, and I saw her tired state. It probably took extra energy by doing it to a going shift while being pregnant. I shifted back and dressed fast and then went up to her and lean on me while we walked back.

Reaching the clearing with Jake and Jaq back in human form I turned towards Jake.

"Lead the way." I said remembering I didn't have a clue where the hell everything was, since I was asleep. We then started walking again towards a four levelled apartment building, which I'm guessing is where we will stay. Jaqueline suddenly started sniffing the air. I'm guessing she is trying to get comfortable with all the new senses.

"Any problems while I was 'away'" I asked Jacob.

"No not really. You weren't away for so much."

"How long was I away?" I asked realizing I had no clue what the time was.

"We just arrived 45 min before Jaqueline's shift" he said shrugging. What the actually fuck? The pill is supposed to last for 10 hours and I slept for about seven hours.

"So you're saying that I slept for 7 hours only?" he nodded. I turned my face to Nikita, seeing that she had the same confused face as me. I cleared my throat, as if it would clear my mind from this fucked up sleeping problem. It isn't even summer yet.

"So what did Alpha Jackson say?" I asked changing subject.

"Well I said that you were in some important phone meeting, said it was an emergency. And to my surprise he just accepted it and just gave schedules to our carriages and the routine." I was about to say something when someone roared.

"MATE!" I turned to see Manny marching towards us, a predatory look in his face. I followed his gaze and saw that it was on Jaq, at the same time she whispered the same word.

"Mine!" he said once he reached us and engulfed her into a hug, nuzzling into her neck.

"Well, well isn't this nice. Jacob you owe me 50 box and a month training" I said holding my hand out for the money. Yes we bet. I knew they were going to be mates but my stupid beta, going all protective brother, didn't, so we bet. Loser pays 50$ and trains the pack for a whole month.

"Fuck!" he said while digging his pocket for the 50.

"Wait... you bet on us?" Manny asked, now standing by Jaq his arm around her waist.

"Well, yeah. I bet that you would end up mates, but he disagreed." Jaqueline started to blush.

***

"Why do you to have to be so complicated, I'm just going to let my hair down, no bun no fucked up 19 century shit ok?" I growled. Nikita and Jaqueline have been nagging on me since forever about dressing nicely. I just planned on wearing the dress, some flats, let my hair down and put some mascara, but no. they had to fuck shit up. First they made me take the longest shower ever, and then they painted my nails dark purple, then they put a whole ton of makeup and now they want to make my hair. Fuck this shit! This is why I've never gone to these balls. Too much shit.

"You are going to let me do this now or I am going to force it with magic, and make your life a living hell, young lady." Nikita said calmly but you could hear the determination in her voice. i growled lowly and stomped to the mirror sitting down.

After they were finished Nikita said her goodbyes and teleported back home. Jaq was in her violet maxi dress, already done. I put on the high heels with a growl, my now curled hair going everywhere, and we both went outside. Everybody where in their carriages waiting for me. Jacob and Manny were both in their handsome tuxedos, both dark blue. They came up to me and Jaq taking our hands and leading us to our carriage. Jake would be my date for the night. I signalled the drivers, and we were off.

We arrived there in five minutes, everybody getting out.

"Ok so I want no trouble tonight or you will be in trouble with me. Be in your best behaviour, and when you find your mate tell me. Put on your masks and let's get this shit over with." I addressed my pack. I put on my mask and gave the guards our invitations. They nodded and opened the double doors to the ball room. My pack instantly went in. I sighed in annoyance. Jake came up to me, an amused look in his face.

"Why do you want them to come up to you when they find their mates?" he asked a smirk in his face.

"So I can tick them off on the list and go home. I am not staying here." He gave me a chuckle. I just hooked his arm with mine and went in.