Chapter 15 - Self Control

"Again!"

"Again, more force."

"Again! Steady your feet, you look like your dancing." Micaela gave out a frustrated scream, yet followed the command. With all her rookie cockiness, her wolf did not have the skills to back it up. Two weeks went by surprisingly fast, but it felt as if the work done was not keep up with time. I had to cancel my date with Nat because of the overloaded work, much to his dislike. During these two weeks I have made myself a routine. Wake up, eat while reading about Lycans, train the twins, train with pack warriors, eat lunch while reading again, do Pack Work, eat while reading and sleep (meaning lay on the bed and stare up). No socializing, no "me time".

"Mila, hello are you there?" A hand waved in front of my face, pulling me out of the jungle of thoughts that I was in. following the hand I see its Micaela's.

"Yes, what is it?"

"Training is over, and you're standing there dead" she snickered and turned around grabbing here bag.

"Anyway, I'm leaving, see you later." She said heading towards the door, when it suddenly opened and jogging in was Derek.

"Alpha, the Guardians are here." He breathed out; sounding as if he had ran a mile in full speed.

"Why didn't you just mind-link me?"

"We tried, but you had shut us out."

"I never –" I cut myself off as I realized that I had indeed; unconsciously shut the mind-link off completely. Waving for him, as well as Micaela, to follow me I ran towards the pack house. As I ran, the scents of the desert wolves, became clearer to me. How did I even miss their strong scent? Usually I would scent anybody unknown within our borders the minute they enter; a skill any true alpha has. As I familiarized myself with their scents, I felt a sense of familiarity from them. As if I have scented them before.

Reaching the pack house, my pack wolves curiosity making them surround the guests. As I get near to the crowd I can outline that there are 8 Guardians Standing straight in two lines, as two other guardians, who seemed to be the leaders of the group stood in front of them in a discussion with Jake. Jake sensing me looks up his eyes searching for me and once they find me, he starts moving towards me.

"Alpha, you have arrived." He says, his way of announcing me to the guests. The two leaders follow Jakes eyes and find mine. Familiarity hit me so strong, as I topped walking. The confusing feeling seemed to be a mutual one, as they both widened their eyes, glancing at each other. One of them looked to be in his 40's, in human aging, as his dark hair wore a couple of grey strands. Just like the rest of the guardians he wore a black t-shirt, military-like pants and some combat boots. On his right stood the other guy, who looked like a younger version of him. The younger guy looked like he was only a couple of years older than. What mesmerized me the most about them all are the dark shaded brown eyes they both had. They looked just like my mother's; even the shape of their eyes was similar to hers.

"She looks just like her..." The younger one whispered to the older one. The older one came back to reality with that comment, looking at the younger one with an angered expression.

"Sakker haal fam, ibni. Ma' tol shay" He hissed to his young one.

"What is it that he shouldn't say?" I asked him, watching as his eyes widened in shock. He recovered from the shock putting on face of indifference, yet his confusion was still visible.

"You understood what I said?" His accent laced his words thickly.

"It does not matter. Who are you and state your business here." I didn't want to bother with interrogating him in front of the pack. He studied me for a couple of seconds before putting on his business Mask.