Chapter 11- Unpredictable

So sorry for the delay. Here is Chapter 11!

Song on the side -------------> I need your love by Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Golding

/nour
________________________________________________________________________

I saw his stance tense, his eyes flashed insecurity. 

"There is one special thing that proves a Lycan king or queen." He said. I made a gesture with my head, asking him non-verbally to continue.

"Each leader gets memories of the one before. Each leader gets it differently. Your nightmare that we saw earlier today was a memory, a memory from Catherine Volkov to be specific." "

"Let me get this straight, I'm some sort of Lycan leader and my amnesia which I've had for my whole life is NOT amnesia it's just a bunch of fucked up memories from the last Lycan leader?!" My voice started getting louder, all the understanding from before is all gone. I mean being a Lycan? A little much but I could handle and understand it, but being a Lycan leader? That was way over the line.

"I mean I can barely keep my pack at bay, imagine me ruling a kingdom of selfish, ignorant cocky Lycans. I mean, you know that I'm only 19 years old, right? I'm the youngest Alpha, alive. I'm young. I'm still mourning since I haven't had the proper full time to finish it." I kept on rambling, Alpha mode was off.

"Alpha Volkov!" Mr. Lecuyer  stopped me. I looked at him, my mind blank for the moment. After gathering my thoughts and calming down, I took a big sigh.

"Now that I know what's wrong, I want to know if you have a solution?" I asked.

"To be honest, I think you should stop any herb you're taking. I'll give you a charmed bracelet to help you sleep more at ease and maybe clear the memories up a bit." He said. I just nodded, not knowing what to say.

"Mr. Lecuyer I don't want anybody to know about this. Everything stays between us two." I tell him, emphasizing on 'anybody', wanting to make a clear message.

"I will respect your wishes and not tell anybody, but Alpha Volkov... the Lycans are getting violent. They used to keep themselves hidden, it would go years without anybody hearing or seeing one, but they have been very noticeable lately. I think they can sense you; that a leader is on his or her way. I advise you that you take the time you need to prepare but the sand is running down the timeglass. If you do not want a big horrible event to happen by the Lycans you need to step up." I am shocked of what he's telling me, but deep down I know he's right. If I don't want blood on my hands I need to be quick with... whatever the hell I need to do.

I gave him a nod and turned around ready to leave, but his voice stops me.

"Another thing Alpha Volkov. I'm not as oblivious as you think I am when it comes to what is going on between you and my son. And seeing you've met your mate I ask for you to not be so selfish and do the right thing instead of keep it going until it'd too late for you to not hurt." And once again I'm shocked with his confession, but once again I know what he is going on about. I know that I need to tell Nat about my mate, but for the first time in my life -especially after my parents death- I'm afraid of losing him. I don't know if it's love, or just some selfish reason, but my time with Nat had made me open my mind a little, making me go from 99 percent nonsocial to 75 percent. Even the past months when we weren't really together, I hated to admit it but I missed him. I missed the way he touched me. The way he understood me, the way he knew when and how something is needed.

I love Nathan.

Realization hit me hard.

"I'll do my best." Was all I could say to Mr. Lecuyer. I turn around, facing the entrance to the hut and took a breath before leaving.