Chapter 4- day of the year

So here is chapter 4!
So I was planning Julian Morris as Manuel
Song on the side or above----> Habits, by Tove Lo
Nour
__________________________________________________________

Laying straight, flat on my back, I count the never ending stars beside the glorious moon. See my room has a roof made of glass so I'm able to see the sky. Right now I'm just wasting time see I just turned 19 two hours ago, and I have got 3 more hours until my alarm goes off, and then a half an hour before we leave to the Red Crescent pack which alpha Jackson's pack, which is about 6 hours' drive.

After taking a shower and dressing, I left my room with a suitcase in my hand. Honestly I didn't want to face anybody today. Getting to the kitchen I found everybody there. Even though it was 5a.m. everybody was awake and can you really blame them. I bet no slept.

"Good morning." I muttered while making a cup of hot chocolate.

"Good morning." They muttered back and continued eating. I kind of became tired of the fucked up atmosphere, and chose do something nice for once.

"Happy birthday Jaq." I said trying to force a soft smile on my face while walking to her, engulfing her in the weirdest hug ever. She just patted my back in an awkward way and muttered a small 'thanks'. Everybody was giving weird looks. Way to change the mood again. I cleared my throat trying to make the uncomfortable silence leave.

"Eh... I'm going to go for a run with Micaela and Michael. I want everybody to be by the cars when I come back, Jake. Nikita do you have what I need?" I ask turning towards.

"Well the herbs that you took aren't going to work anymore, so I will give a magical sleeping pill which last for 10 hours. But once you come back I'm going to take you to my father." She said giving me the pills and I just nodded in appreciation.

After finishing my drink I take Michael and Micaela's hands and walk out from the back door. I shift to my wolf and motion to them to sit on my back, I then sped off to the grave yard. Before reaching there I stop by a small meadow which had my mother's favourite flowers, lilies. The twins climbed of and started picking up the flowers, then came back and sat on my back again. This was an every year routine. Each year on this day we wold do this in the morning. Manuel doesn't like the feeling of it so he doesn't come, and honestly I only do it for Michael and Micaela. I don't want them to leave in the grief and sadness; I don't want them to go through what I went through.

Getting to the grave yard the twins hopped off and I shifted back. I took their hands in mine and walked to my parents' grave. I kneeled in front of the grave while Micaela put her bucket of flowers on it, she then came and kneeled down leaning on me while silent tears fell down her face. Michael stood her there hesitantly, not being able to move. After a couple of minutes of just standing there he moved and put his flowers down. I started humming a tone that my mum used to hum when we were kids. 20 min later I stood up with a sleeping Micaela in my arms and started walking home with a clinging Michael by my side. Knowing it is going to take about another 20 min with the pace we're going in I mind-linked Jake.

-Jake you can take off, I'll be running and will meet you at the gas first gas station.

-Sure, is everything ok? He asked unsure.

-Yeah, Micaela fell asleep in my arms I won't be able to shift without waking her up, and Michael is quite tired so our pace is slow.

-Ok, see you there Alpha. And the link closed.

After tucking Michael and Micaela down, I went down stairs and found Nikita and Caleb cuddling in the sofa. Caleb had his hand on her stomach, moving it softly. I went outside quietly and shifted to my wolf. Looking back once, trying to memorize it I started running the miles towards the gas stop. It had been a very long time since I let my wolf out.

Once getting to the gas station I saw Jake and Manuel chatting by the van. I walked up to them.

"So everything ready?" I asked.

"Yep, just waiting for the Alpha." Jake said. We got in the van and I decided it was time for me to take my beauty sleep which has been avoiding me for almost two weeks.

"I am going to take Nikita's pill. Nobody disturb me unless necessary please and leave me in the car when we get there. Jake, I trust you to talk to Alpha Jackson for me."

-Tell him that I have something important and necessary to do. I finished in the link. I took a deep breath and swallowed the pill. I put my headphones on and shifted in to a comfortable way of sleeping and leaned on the tinted window, I then dozed off to a carefree empty world.

***

I was awoken by a scream, and I startled up from my seat. Realising I was still in the car I opened the car door and stumbled out, almost tripping. I looked around seeing, seeing people staring at me.

-Way to make an impression, Alpha. Lilly said sarcastically. I was startled again by another scream. A very familiar scream. I felt the familiar sting again.

The scream belongs to someone in my pack. Seeing as I'm Alpha I will feel a sting if somebody is getting hurt in my pack. I was suddenly pulled out of my thoughts by another ear piercing scream, and another sting. I suddenly heard gasps, and it was then that Lilly was showing out. The Alpha within us wants to protect our pack mates. I started using my senses to find my pack mates, and when I found it I ran in inhuman speed. Getting to the edge of the forest I saw the back of Manuel and Jake's, as well as some other pack members. Reaching them I now saw what they were facing and why Jake's face looked angered and pained. In front of me was a crouching Jaqueline on the floor, crying and screaming in pain. She was shifting in her place, arching her back in pain. Then I heard it. It felt as if I could almost feel it. The crushing sound. The amazing screaming sound of bones crushing.

She was shifting.

"A-A-Alpha... pleaaaase help-help ME!"