Chapter 6-Unexpected

Sorry guys for the late update, but to reward your waiting I have made it extra long. Please leave a comment if you have any questions.
Hope you like!
Emma Gorman- Amanda Seyfried
Song on the side or above---------> Battle Scars, by Guy Sebastian ft. Lupe Fiasco
/Nour
__________________________________

I was standing in the corner of the ball room by the food, a cocktail in my hand. So far my pack members are doing good. Many have found their mates. Out of the 120 or so members that came with today, 15 or so still haven't found their mates, including me and my beta. Jake is kind of pissed, since he has waited 4 years for this mate, and his loosing hope. I didn't give a fuck. I was fine standing in the corner with my cocktail, although this dress and mask were killing me. 1 hour in to the ball and the heels were already gone, now 2 and a half in, and I'm seriously considering on standing with lingerie. most of the packs have arrived, except for the one and only, miss arrogant, Alaric Gorman. No one except for Alpha Jackson knows who I really am, and let me tell you my mask is doing a great job.

After another 20 min, another 5 of my pack members finding their mates and 3 cocktails, I decided to look around this mansion. Walking into some empty corridor I looked at the paintings hanging on the wall. I started realizing that these were Alphas and Lunas in the past. I stopped by one particular. My parents. It looked like the painting was a drawn version of one of the pictures of my parents which I have in my office. My eyes teared up as a memories attacked my mind. One stood out.

Flashback

"Mama why does papa work so much?" A 9 year old me asked my mum, while she combed my hair.

"Well you see, papa isAlpha of this pack, meaning he has to take care of us all." She said giving me a small smile while braiding my hair.

"mama will I don't want to be Alpha, if I'm going to work this much. I want to play with Jake." i said pouting.

" Habibti, trusted me, being an Alpha is a part of you and once your older you would understand better and never want to lose that part of you." She gave me kiss in the cheek and took me to bed. I woke up from another nightmare screaming. Mama came rushing in, soothing me. Once I had calmed down she left thinking I was asleep, but I wasn't. I stood up to sit on my window sill. I heard mama and papa talk.

"Her nightmares are getting worst, Nikolai" I heard her say.

"I have tried talking to my dad Hala, but he isn't cooperating" he said.

"Can't you talk to Lionel, maybe he knows. I'm scared it's going to get worst, she barely gets any sleep."

"I'll see what I can do lets go to sleep."

Flashback End

I took away my mask wiping away the tear that had fallen.

"I knew it was you!" I heard someone say. Looking to my right I see none other than Mr. Flirty, a.k.a Alpha Miller.

"Alpha Miller." I greeted, putting the mask on. Fucking annoying asshole.

"Come on Mimi we've been over the obvious, its calvin for you" he said. I growled at the disrespect he gave me.

"I would like to keep the night peaceful, so if you don't stop with the disrespect and nicknames I'm afraid my wish will change into one more violent." I started walking back.

"Well what has got your panties into a twist, or should I say who?" he said throwing a wink . I just rolled my eyes and kept walking back to the ball. I think I have had enough for today, so I'm going to find jake. Once I reached the room, the air changed, their was a lingering sweet aroma in the air. the smell spoke domination. I knew directly what it was and tried to find jake as fast as possible.