Chapter 3

The moment I left the diner, I was fuming with anger. How could Savvy do that? How could she have a boyfriend and not tell even a single one of us? It's not like I'm against her relationship or something but why did she hide it? Katty had been asking her all this while that if she has any person in her life, she can tell. At least that way it would become easy for us to get her off our back. Just kidding! We all had the right to meet the person she's involved with, more like the person whom she'll marry.

"That is if she says yes.", I heard someone panting behind me. I turned around to see who it was when the person bumped right into me.

"Oh God! What is wrong with the people today? Why do they keep bumping into me?", I scowled.

"You were walking and talking so fast that I had to jog to come up to you", Savvy said. She was panting when I looked up to see her. She mustn't have expected me to turn around abruptly on the comment she just made.

'Why are you following me anyway? Don't you have a proposal to be at? And what do you mean by 'if she says yes' ", I said in a very sarcastic tone.

"I couldn't, especially after how you behaved. That was definitely not the right way to talk to someone then curse while you walk home", she said, still panting from her sprint. "Gosh! You were talking to yourself all this while. You know how stupid you looked?", she exaggerated. "And to answer your last question, I don't know if I'll say yes to him."

"What do you mean talking alone? I wasn't talking, was I?", I said, baffled. "By the way, why would you deny?"

"Of course, you were Jenny! I was able to listen to you from a mile awayyyyyy" she said. Now that was really an exaggeration. The diner wasn't even that far away. I rolled my eyes at her comment. Also, was I really talking to myself? I thought I was talking in my head. "Oh c'mon Jenny, now stop over thinking and give rest to that empty box of yours", she rolled her eyes at me.

"Hey!!!! You must have an empty box. My head is filled up with a lot of things. Talk about how empty yours is because you didn't even bother to tell me about your relationship and how serious you guys are!", I said, frantically.

"Let's talk about it at home. I don't want to create another scene over here", she said, grabbing my arm and pushing me forward.

It took us ten minutes to reach home and during that time, none of us spoke. I was fuming by the time I left diner but now I was fine. I think they're right to say that talking things out make you feel better. We reached home to find Katty already home. She was talking to dad about something. The moment they saw the two of us enter, their expressions changed. Definitely they were talking about something that was related to us. I looked between Katty and dad and then at Savvy. She shared the same expression with me. Both of us were confused so we just entered without saying anything.

I kept my bag on the table when mom came up to me and pushed me on the chair. I was taken aback for a moment. Okaaay. I think someone is angry. And just like they say, siblings know when they're the next on target so without saying anything, Savvy sat on the chair right next to me. Our mom was glaring at both of us, leaving us absolutely confused.

"Where were you both?", mom glared at us while keeping her one hand on the waist and the other on the dining table. She looked kind of intimidating. I backed up on the chair, trying to avoid any eye contact.

"Mom.", Savvy was brave enough to start. "We were..we were just hanging out", she said trying to sound as casual as possible.

"Dont try to fool me, lady! I know that creating a havoc in a diner doesn't count as 'hanging out'!", she sneered at both of us.