Chapter 26

.

.

.

After the stunt Ryan pulled with me, I was very annoyed! He literally tricked me into that stupidstupid thing! Never mind! If he wants to starve himself then he's free to do it! I don't give a damn about it. After that I grabbed my stuff and left for college.

I had about only a few classes today. So I thought of visiting my parents after college. On the way to the class, I spotted Arnie talking to the same teacher again. I walked towards them when I heard them talking about some psychology event. I didn't want to interrupt them so I stopped a little away from them. When they were done, I went to Arnie.

"What were you guys talking about?", I asked her.

"Nothing special. She was telling me about the Inter-College Mime Competition which is supposed to take place next week", she said.

"Then why was she talking to you about it? As far as I know, you don't act, do you?", I said suspiciously.

"Of course not, stupid! I'm the organizer of the event", she said as a matter of fact.

"What? When did all this happen?", I asked her.

"Umm.. A day before your wedding. You were already stressed out about the whole marriage thing that I didn't want to disturb you", she shrugged and made her way to the class.

"Arnie, can we not talk about the wedding please?", I pursed my lips together.

"We won't but did something happen? Why do you look pissed?", she enquired as she grabbed her books for the first period from her locker.

I replayed the whole thing in my mind that happened today morning with Ryan. If I told Arnie about what he did, she'll definitely start laughing at me for my lack of concentration. So I chose not to tell her.

"Naah! Just the usual stuff. After all the marriage is new to me and I need time to adjust to it", I shrugged.

"Okay If that's what you say..", she said but didn't look convinced at all. I knew she didn't buy it but I was thankful that she didn't persist me for anything.

 I knew she didn't buy it but I was thankful that she didn't persist me for anything

.

.

.

.

After college, I decided to take the subway as I told the driver to go back to William's Mansion. I wanted to roam around just like I used to and not in a chauffeur driven car. Arnie left with Harry as he came to pick her up. He was here in town only for 2 more days so they decided to make the most of it.

Harry offered to drop me home because now I wasn't only his girlfriend's best friend, but also his sister-in-law!!!

Wow! What a change of relation!