Chapter 34

Ryan's POV

.

.

That night, I came home to a completely silent Jennifer. Usually, she isn't that silent unless she's pissed at something. I tried to walk past her but it was very unusual for her to be waiting for me till midnight. So I turned around and asked her what was bothering her. She was seated on the couch and was extremely quiet for some odd reason. She didn't say anything at first but then walked up to me and started talking about random things.

It didn't make any sense.

However, the way she was looking at me was very different. It made me creep out. There was suspicion in her eyes, a doubt perhaps. Did she know something?

No, she doesn't!!!

What if she does know about Savvy and I coming back together?

Savvy had been trying so hard to get in touch with me. She even came to my office all the time and sat there until she met me. This happened for a few days before I finally decided to talk to her and tell her to stop her obnoxious behavior.

The moment I entered the waiting room, she sat there waiting for me anxiously. She looked up at me and ran in my direction. She hugged me tightly while I was taken aback. I didn't hug her back, until she started sniffling.

"Savvy....", I sighed. "Why are you crying, now?", I stated flatly.

"What else do you think I should do when the person I love has started hating me so much!! It makes me wanna die!", she sobbed into my arms.

The more I tried to push her away, the tighter her grip got on me.

"Savvy, leave me!", I yelled.

"I won't I can't!!, she sniffled. "I love you so much, Ryan. I never wanted to hurt you! I've learnt my lesson! I know I can't live without you!!!", she confessed. "It kills me to see you with someone else You're mine! Only mine!!!", she held me tighter, if that was even possible.

"It's too late for your confession! I'm not your boyfriend anymore! I'm a married man now, a husband, whose wife will be waiting for him!", I pushed her away.

"What wife are you talking about? Isn't she your friend? Just because you married Jenny, doesn't make her your wife!!!!", she threw me a dirty look.

I sighed!

"Ryan", she said as she came closer to me. "I understand what you did that day in the church was because you're dad asked you, not because you wanted to..", she said politely.

"Does that even matter now? I was always a second choice for you. You always prioritized your career before me", I spat at her. "Even on our wedding day, you chose your career over me then how in the world am I supposed to believe that you love me?", I got angry. "Stop this drama and leave right now!", I opened the gate for her.