Chapter 7

I tried to break free from his tight hold but it was almost next to impossible. For a moment I felt my blood cease to flow through my wrist. Though, to everyone around us, it seemed like we were strolling casually because no one objected to the way he was dragging me. People just walked past us. Once we were out in the parking lot, I stopped mid-way and jerked my hand away from him. He turned around to face me with a nonchalant expression covering his face. I raised my brows at his calm expression and folded my arms on my chest, adamant on not moving an inch if he continues to treat me like an object.

"What language do you understand, brownie?", he said, literally looking down at me.

"The language in which my name in not brownie!", I huffed.

"Then there's no language", he said while a humorous laugh escaped his lips.

I was in no mood to argue. I was already out of the college so there was no other way I could go than to accompany him. In fact, if he has chosen me to get the job done then he must think that I'm capable of choosing the right outfit. But there were certain things I wanted answers to so I shot at it.

"I need to know a few things before we head further. Only if you answer them, I'll go with you", I commanded.

"Suit yourself, brownie!", he said, ignoring my existence. "But you have to get into the car first because I don't trust you!", he said, leaning in while pointing a finger at me. His comment angered me more than I already was.

"To hell with you!", I huffed and turned around to leave. The next thing I knew I was in the air as someone just swept me off the floor, over their shoulder and carried to me God knows where.

"Heyyyyyyy! Put me down, idiot!", I screamed, hitting his head, shoulder and back continuously but this hulk ....the hulk won't even bulge.

"I never knew you could be so irritating, brownie. There's no chance I'm listening to you anymore until you get into the car", he said and put me in the passenger seat. I kept kicking and hitting him but he didn't give two shits about me. He slammed the door shut and travelled to the other side to sit on the driver's seat.

He sat and put his seat belt on while ignoring my curses and yelling. He turned his face towards me and gazed from top to bottom. He leaned in, making me back off a little, unaware of what may happen next. He stretched his arm towards my face which made me squeeze my eyes shut. His hand actually crossed my face, reaching for the seat belt on my side. He tucked it into the buckle, making me absolutely packed. As he moved back to his seat, a smirk appeared on his face which kind of gave me a creepy feeling. I moved my gaze away from his as it was kind of uncomfortable and intimidating.

Neither of us spoke for the first 20 minutes of the ride. It was getting more uncomfortable than it already was and me being me, couldn't handle that amount of tension in the car. So I, finally gave in and broke the silence.

"What with you calling me brownie?", I asked out of the blue. He turned towards me, acting as if he didn't hear me. I huffed and looked away. Not taking his shit anymore!

"I'm sorry, are you talking to me, brownie?", He pretended, putting emphasis on brownie.

"No! I was trying to speak to the almighty so that he could answer, via you!", I said, imitating his silly tone.

"Well, then you can directly ask me. What's the need to disturb God? Do you think he's that idle to answer your stupid questions?", he taunted.

"Then please, sir please, answer my mind wreaking questions. It would be an honor", I pretended to plead in front of him.

He chuckled at my act, baffling the hell out of me. He looked at me and pulled my cheeks like I was some toddler. I slapped his hand away and bore my eyes into his.