Chapter 18

Sometimes love makes us do things that we never imagine.

.

.

That day, I made a promise. I promised Katty to keep my mouth shut and see my sister suffer through all of it. I promised her to keep my mouth shut and see her breakdown every day. I promised Katty to see my sister sob to sleep silently and not do anything about it. I wanted to tell the truth to Ryan's family but Katty was right in a way. They wouldn't listen and then it would be easy for Kimberly to call off the wedding.

After that day, I saw Savvy's interest in the marriage disappear slowly. She started to stay alone, without participating in anything whole heartedly. It looked like she was cutting her ties with her dreams while it pained me to see her like that.

The days kept on passing just like that

The days kept on passing just like that. Soon, it was time, the time for all of us to get ready for the big day. Savvy, as usual, had been missing on her sleep timetable which made her look worst. She looked absolutely pale and dull. She didn't even have the vibes of a bride, forget about looking like one. I got dressed before everyone so that I could be with her all the time and give her some moral support. It was the last day she gets to spend with us before bidding us a farewell.

I went to her room and knocked on the door. I opened it and there she was, sitting on her chair while the girls dressed her up. One was doing her makeup while the other one was doing her hair. The only thing missing was the usual smile a bride had on her face. I walked to her and stood behind her chair.

"Savv, you look breathtaking!", I complimented her as I bent down to look at her in the mirror

"Savv, you look breathtaking!", I complimented her as I bent down to look at her in the mirror. She smiled at me which didn't reach her ears. I sighed and said, "I understand what you are going through but it's your day, Savv. It's your wedding!", I tried to cheer her up. "In no time, your prince charming would be standing in front of you, ready to spend his whole life with you. He loves you so much! Try to be happy for him, if not for yourself", I tried sweet-talking to her.

"I'll be okay, Jenny. It's just hard for me to forget about the dream I'd been waiting to come true", she said as she tried to control her welled eyes.