Chapter 12

Ryan's parents in distress.

.

.

We created a huge mess on the street. I would have just thanked them and went on my way if Kimberly had the sense to keep her mouth shut. However, she decided otherwise and blabbered whatever ill came in her mouth. All this was solely her fault. Now, they can't blame me for my outburst, because they know it's because of the motor mouth lady standing in front of me.

"You guys gotta stop this street fight", Ryan yelled at both of us. "Mom, people are looking at us! Don't you think it will ruin our reputation? So can we all please be civil and head to where we were heading?", he gestured her to go back into the car.

She agreed none the less, but not before huffing at me.

Duh! Like it matters!

"Jennifer dear, you can come with us. We were just heading to your place", Jake asked me to accompany them.

"Thanks for the offer, Jake, but I should be heading home alone", I gestured at Kimberly sitting inside with folded hands. He sighed and nodded, understanding what I was pointing at. He smiled at me and turned around to get into his car.

Now it was only Ryan and I.

.

Now some of you would be wondering that how can we stand in the middle of the road for so long without being disturbed by the traffic. So for all those curious people, let me tell you that I was near the sidewalk when Ryan applied brakes, which means the car was parked adjacent to the sidewalk.

.

Ryan looked at me like he wanted to say something but nothing came out of his mouth

Ryan looked at me like he wanted to say something but nothing came out of his mouth. The only thing that came to my mind before leaving was to apologize to him for the last night. He must be mad at me for behaving like that. However, like always, we got interrupted by a restless lady sitting inside the car who started honking, gesturing that they had more important things in hand than to waste time with me.

URRRRGGGHHHHHH

I swear I'm going to stab her someday.

Ryan looked at me for one last time before turning around to leave.

I stepped on the sidewalk while Ryan turned on his engine and drove away. I was standing there with my humiliated self, staring into the sky. I stood there, calming myself down under the clouds, pouring on me.

With each drop of rain splashing on my face, I contemplated about how my life would turn out to be. With such agony and problems in my path, will I be able to handle myself? I opened my eyes gently, sighing, I walked back home.

.

.

.

.