Chapter 31

Be ready for the biggest twist of this book.

.

.

.

I reached the floor and looked around for his cabin. Just then, someone collided into me.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't-"

"Jennifer?", I heard the person say my name.

"Drake????", I was shocked.

"Oh my God??? Is that really you???", he asked, shock completely visible on his face.

"Long time no see?", I said as surprise covered my face.

"Yeah, nice to meet you again! How've you been?", he asked.

"I've been great! You?", I asked.

"Good! What brings you to our office?", he asked as we stepped aside.

"Our office??? You work here???", I was shocked!

"Apparently! Need to do something for livelihood!", he smirked. I rolled my eyes at his stupid reply. "Looking for Ryan?", he said looking at the food packets in my hand.

"Unfortunately!", I gave him the saddest of the expressions. He laughed when he understood my sarcasm.

"I guess you missed him. He's not in the office today! In fact, he's not been in here for about a week now!", he said.

My eyes bulged out at his statement!!!!!

What did he just say??????

Oh yeah, right! He's pulling my leg!

"Ha ha ha! Very funneh!!!", I said sarcastically.

"No, I'm serious! You can ask his assistant! There she is!", he pointed to a blonde sitting behind a desk, wearing round-rimmed spectacles.

"Seriously? He's not been in the office the whole time?", I asked as my eyes shot out of their sockets.

"Now why would I lie to you? He's been really missing all his meetings saying that he has some personal work!", he said.

Personal Work???

But, he told me he was going to the office. Why did he lie to me?

"Oh yeah, sorry! He told me about it! I forgot!", I lied as I tried to mask the shock and hurt that was making its way on my face. "It was nice meeting you!", I said as I turned around to leave.

"Would you like to stay for lunch?", he called me from behind.

I turned around to look at him. "Sorry, will catch up with you later. Gotta go now!", I said with an upside down smile. I was about to leave when something struck my mind. I turned around to look at him. "Umm... Drake? What's this new project that you guys are working on?", I asked curiously.