Chapter 6

After the meeting we had with the Williams, my family was very happy. They all seemed to be quite prepared to wed off their daughter to the rich brat and why not. He loved Savvy so much. Even I, who literally hates his guts, like him for Savvy. I never fell in love but seeing the two of them together did give me couple goals. If you dont call that love, then I dont know which planet you hail from.

Katty, out of all the people, was way too excited for the future kids, coming from the two of them. I'm like c'mon, let them get married first. Let them decide about themselves and then maybe if they want, then definitely kids can happen. Katty could be very curious sometimes because that's exactly what she was doing in her eldest daughter's case. She kept on persisting Savvy about their future plans. I mean, cut her some slack, mom! She just met her in-laws for the first time. They should take time but how could someone talk her out.

I was just thinking about all this when someone called my name, breaking my trail of thoughts. I turned around to see the source of the voice when Arnie appeared out of nowhere, catching up to me.

"Hey!!!!", she called out, catching her breath.

"Why are you sprinting?", I said, baffled.

"Sprinting after you, idiot! I have been calling you for past 10 minutes and you are in your own trance", she said like I committed some crime.

"I'm sorry, Arnie. I'd been preoccupied with something", I said, shaking my head and continuing my walk to the College.

"A penny for your thoughts?", she asked and I didn't feel like lying. She's my agony aunt then why not share it with her than to dwell in my own thoughts.

"Ryan and Savvy..."

"Wait.. What? Since when did you start thinking about them? Moreover, why are they bothering you?", she said, interrupting me.

"Only if you let me finish", I said with an eye roll. She scratched her head sheepishly, giving me an apologetic look. "I absolutely hate Ryan but deep down I know that he'll be the best husband. Somehow, the reactions of our families is quite contrary to each other. My family is happy with their marriage and all that but Ryan's mom seemed to be taken aback by us. She doesn't like Savvy or us", I said, opening the door to the lobby of the College.

"What makes you think so?", she asked.

"I heard them talk, Arnie. Now, I don't know how to break this news to my family because they're really getting their hopes high.", I said rubbing my forehead.

"Okayyy.. So that's the problem. Then there's no problem"!, she said folding her arms on her chest with a delightful expression.

"What??? You don't think that's a problem?", I asked her, flabbergasted.

"Of course!", she said and I just kept staring at her, dumfounded. "See, you told me about them dating for quite a few years now, right?", she asked and I just simply nodded. "In that case, it means that both of them hid their secret relationship from their parents. So if they were ready to risk it all for just a relationship then why wouldn't he convince his parents to marry her?", she said it so casually that for once even I thought that I was overthinking about them.

"But what if he's not able to do that? He'll break everyone's heart!", I said, already feeling guilty about hiding the truth from them.

"That includes your heart as well?", she asked, raising her brow at me.

I was silent for a moment...

"Of course not!", I pressed my lips in a thin line. "I already know the truth so my expectations are already low", I said, nonchalantly.