3. Secrets and Mistakes

"You still haven't done it?" The sharp tone of your voice frightened you. You stared up at Marinette, trembles coursing through your limbs.

You had never spoken so harshly to her before, it was so exhilarating, so warranted.

Marinette was up on her bunk bed, staring at the images she had pinned to a bulletin board on her wall. She was quiet, ignoring your presence for a while as she trailed her finger down his face.

"Go away Y/n."  You could barely hear her, and her sadness was infuriating.

"You...you're so...inconsiderate!" You snapped, her disregard for how you felt was your breaking point.

Marinette's reaction was slow, she sat up first, quietly staring down at you as she contemplated on your accusation.

"I'm...inconsiderate?" She asked with humor lighting her bluebell eyes as a smirk tugged at her pink lips.

'Why is she like this?'

"Yes!" You screamed and the fact that she was clearly mocking you made you all the more emotional, "I told you how I felt but I put that all aside so you could be with him! I thought you at least respected me enough to actually say something to him but you haven't even tried! Do you—do you just not want me to be happy?" Your voice croaked.

You loathed how speaking of Adrien made you seem so weak, your feelings for him overtaking you. But you didn't hate it as much as you hated allowing her to see you cry. Standing before her only solidified how weak you felt.

She mocked you the first the entirety of your monologue, silently replying with taunting faces and eye rolls. But when you asked your last question, she stopped. "It's none of your damn business Y/n so why don't you just go to your room and sulk over there! It's not like it would've worked out between the two of you anyways, he doesn't love you." She spat.

Your eyes widened at her nasty words.

It took you a moment for your body to react, your glare at her was dark, even as you opened the hatch door that led downstairs. "Go to hell Marinette." You whispered, leaving with a whole lot of anger and a lot less fight.

"Hell couldn't be worse than this." Marinette spoke and held her stuffed animal against her tightly.

"What are you doing now that you're back in Paris, Y/n?" You had been droning off as you walked, wishing to be anywhere but that damn school.

His voice immediately woke you from your haze and you glanced up at his direction.

"I've uh, just been hanging out in my room." Your voice was quieter than normal and you smiled up at him pathetically. The day was almost over and while you had no desire to be at school, going home sounded even worse.

Your house had been incredibly tense ever since you returned. Your parents were constantly working in their famous bakery, that only continued to grow in clientele after you left.

Marinette was just as sporadic as she ever was and you couldn't handle more than maybe five seconds of it. Every time your parents asked the two of you to help them down in the bakery, you walked back up into your room without saying a word.

You were amazed that you hadn't been grounded with your piss poor attitude, but it was honestly kind of thrilling to see how much you could get away with.

The two of you walked out of the school and you saw your sister get on the bike with a blue haired boy with a bright yellow helmet. 'Where is she going and who the hell is that?' You were surprised to see her with a boy at all, considering her tongue almost fell off any time she spoke to Adrien.