Alt Ending 3. Kagami

You hadn't thought it meant anything.

To her at least.

She was always so cold, so calculating.

You knew you were both at the same place—this was all new to you both, and the attraction was undeniable.

You grew tired of pushing it away, of pretending like your thoughts were anywhere but with her.

"I don't back down easily." She had said to you once. "Let me know now, if this really is what you want."

You remembered being embarrassed. You knew you liked her and thought she was beautiful and everything you had ever wanted to be, but you lacked the confidence she had.

You remembered the pounding of your heart as her cold fingers wrapped around your wrist. She had tugged slightly, encouraging you forward before pressing her lips against your own.

Though you were expecting it, the impact sent a shock throughout you.

It took you a moment before you closed your eyes, losing the image of her dark blue hair, and succumbing to the desire you felt.

She was laughing at your flustered expression, all those years later she could still tell when you thought about it.

"Leave me alone." You grumbled, shoving her legs off you.

She was smiling brightly.

Over the years, she allowed her hair to grow longer. She had grown taller and was surprisingly more intimidating than she had ever been.

Though the greatest change you noticed was how she held herself, allowed herself to feel and smile.

To love you.

You gave yourself a bit of credit with that.

She pulled you against her and the two of you fell back onto the couch, happy to just be existing in the silence.

"I love you." She whispered, and you decided that those three words were the only thing you would ever need to hear.

It's short, I know 🤪

Thanks again for all of the support with this story. It was a rollercoaster of emotions but I truly loved it. It was my first go at angst and I definitely went overboard XD

If you like my stuff, I have a My Hero Academia fic I'm loving and working on rn (I promise it's not as soul crushing as this one)

It's called "The One Who Lived"

If not, at some point I will have a Chat Noir X Reader called "Icepick" so look out for that if you want an Adrien redemption round! I promise no soul-crushing angst (just enemies to lovers)

Thanks again and I'll see you around!

<3
-AG