31. Family and Broken Bonds

"He's gone."

Hours had passed and the destruction in the city was restored.

But Felix Graham De Vanily, he was no where to be found.

"We will continue with the trial. The police force will continue investigating his disappearance and he will be allowed to continue his testimony as soon as he is brought back to safety." The judge announced and the trial commenced.

"You have to stop thinking about her Adrien." Marinette's quite voice was harsh as they crouched down low on a rooftop that faced the Agreste mansion.

"I'm not thinking about her."

"What's going on then?"

"My entire world is falling apart dammit!" He snapped as he refused to allow his eyes meet hers, no matter how hard she tried to connect them.

"Adrien." She whispered, placing her hand on his chin and turning his head so he would finally lock his eyes with her own. "We're going to figure it out—we'll protect them all. We always do." She smiled softly.

He was tense, but nodded as he leaped towards the mansion, leaving Marinette behind.

They entered through his bedroom and crept quietly down the stairs.

There was no one around.

"That's really strange." Adrien muttered.

Marinette hissed a shushing noise as she pulled him around the corner and up against the wall. Nathalie appeared around the corner, searching for someone.

She was gone as quickly as she entered.

*

"Who is next now that Felix is gone?" Marinette leaned over and whispered in your ear.

"Shouldn't you be out there, I don't know, super hero-ing?" Luka leaned in and asked.

You smirked.

"Some people don't deserve saving." She leaned back against her seat with a grumble.

"I don't think they said who is up next." You responded in a whisper.

Your eyes trailed towards the front of the room and you saw two prison guards lug Gabriel up towards the spot each witness has been seated.

You gulped, hard. "Well shit."

**

"You executed that perfectly." His voice purred as he entered into the room, rubbing his face with a damp towel.

Nooroo flew around with Duusu at the ceiling of the room anxiously.

"I am perfect."

"I didn't realize we had a sentimonster in this duo." He grinned.

"We have plenty, dear." She grinned as her eyes met with Duusu's.

"It's to early for another attack. We wouldn't want them to have any way to track us down. Let the trial commence for the day, no need to have the testimony finished today. It'll be more beneficial to let them reflect on everything that was said."

"What's your vendetta against the Agreste's anyways?" She scoffed. "I find the son quite handsome, made of money too."

"I didn't realize you were into the father types—I better work on that." He smirked.