24. Complication and Hope

"Have you seen the news?" Zoe asked you frantically.

You were currently in a hotel in Italy. For the past three months you had been on a world tour.

"What's on the news?" You asked as you walked back into the living room and sat on the couch next to your son who had fallen asleep while the two of you watched a movie.

"Just turn it on." Her voice was fearful.

Confused, you pulled the remote controller out of the cushions of the couch where it had fallen. You switched the channel and the shock that overwhelmed you, caused you to drop your phone.

"Breaking News! Our good friend Nadjia has announced that the identity of Hawkmoth had finally been revealed! Tonight, Ladybug and Chat Noir had their final fight with Hawkmoth who was later identified as Gabriel Agreste—the famous fashion designer! We have more information coming later tonight—for now here's a brief interview with Ladybug."

You were shaking as you sister's concealed image appeared on the screen. Her eyes were filled with concern and she was clutching tightly to Adrien's arm. He looked like he was about to pass out and it was obvious she was the only reason he was still on his feet.

You stood frantically and paced across the floor as they continued speaking.

"Am I glad the fight is over? Of course." Marinette's voice held strong but the pain was evident to you and only you. You were sure Adrien would've felt it too, but the way his eyes were steadily glossing over—you weren't sure.

"Can you confirm they have yet to find Adrien Agreste who is suspected to have aided his father with his villainy?" The reporter asked and Marinette's brows furrowed.

"I can say for certain that I would never question Adrien. There was no way he could've known." You noticed her hand squeezing his arm three times.

'We love you'

"How can you be so sure?" The reporter countered and Marinette simply shook her head, hard.

"I'm Paris's superhero." Using her authority. "Trust me."

You curled up on the couch and pulled Dakota into your arms and held him close.

"Mommy?" He asked groggily as he began waking up. You simply made a soothing shushing sound as you rubbed his head.

"Go back too sleep baby. Mommy just wanted to hold you for a minute."

"Will you sing me a song?" He asked with a sleepy smile and you nodded and began singing his favorite lullaby.

After he had fallen back to sleep, you carried him to your room and tucked him under the covers. You kissed his head and almost as if on cue, your phone began to buzz.

You quickly answered it, almost throwing it to the floor. "Adrien?" You asked with tears forming in your eyes.

"Hey Y/n." He was exhausted.

"Oh Adrien—I'm so sorry we're not there right now. I'm already booking the next flight to make it to you. Where are you now? Can I send someone?" You were frantic as you opened your laptop.

"Y/n, stop."

"What?" You asked shakily.

"I'm heading to the police station to turn myself in." His voice was stressed and you knew he was probably pacing.