32. Bad Ideas and Threats

He knew he shouldn't be doing this.

He should have left the court house when he saw the unidentified desperation in your gaze.

But here he was,

facing the entire crowd—with the fate of your love on his hands.

The final words were coming from him, and he had no idea how he was supposed to follow up Gabriel and Adrien Agreste.

"How do you know my client?"

The man had terrifying eyes that sent a shiver down his spine. He was determined to free Adrien, he couldn't even imagine how much money a lawyer with that much determination must have cost.

He would have had to sell loads of guitars to high end clients to even afford that.

"We were good buddies in high school. Played in the same band." He sucked in a breath, he imagine to get in the first sentences, good.

"Did he ever strike you as the type to be a master criminal?" He asked.

Luka snorted. "No way, the only animosity I had towards the guy was loving the same girl." He was going to punch himself in the face.

Adrien and his lawyer both looked flustered.

"Sorry—I have a tendency to over speak when I'm nervous."

He could see you covering your eyes out of embarrassment and Marinette slapping her hand against her forehead.

He really was an idiot—an idiot who should have gone home to his guitars hours ago.

**

"He's an idiot."

"The idiot you asked to come here." You grumbled as Luka walked off the platform and back towards his seat next to you.

"I told both of you already it was Anthony's idea! Last time I listen to him." She crossed her arms and turned her head away from you.

You frowned and felt your brows furrow. You still didn't like that guy.

Luka took his seat next to you and once your head turned to face him he simply shook his own.

"I know."

You chuckled. "At least you're aware you're an idiot."

"An idiot for loving you?" He whispered but you got the suspicion you weren't supposed to hear it.

**

"They're walking back out." Marinette tapped your leg frantically, waking you from your quick nap. You shot up instantly and watched as they were ready to begin reading off the jury's verdict.

"Today Adrien Agreste was tried for aiding and hiding a supervillain. After the evidence that was presented and the personal relations were shared—the jury has decided Adrien Agreste is not guilty of aiding his father in his terror of the city."

Your heart stopped instantly and tears began steaming down your face. "He's...free?" You whispered.

"You did it." Luka whispered. "You saved him."

"Well that idiot will never be able to stand on his own." You sniffed as you delicately rubbed the tears away from your eyes. "And you're wrong." You smiled. "We saved him."

**

"You're mad at me? For following my fucking dreams?" You seethed.

"A tour is your dream now?" He asked with a baffled laugh. "Dammit Y/n—how am I supposed to even keep up? You change it every five fucking minutes!"