After Story: 1 (200k special <3)

Thank you for 200k! Here's what happened after the epilogue :)

y/n
You were never expecting it to work, you never did. But you promised yourself a long time ago, when Marinette entrusted the miraculous to you—that you would try for your son.

So Dakota would smile the way he used to, bright and innocent—untouched by the pain of losing a father far to young.

You didn't expect it to work.

You knew this was the last thing Marinette would want you to be doing. She entrusted you with the miraculous to protect it, not bring back Adrien.

But you knew in your heart that all of you wanted him back.

But you didn't expect it to actually work.

You stepped forward, reaching for him, your hand falling as your finger tips brushed his cheeks.

"You're not real...are you?"

Adrien's response was a soft laugh and you fell to your knees. He sounded the exact same as he used to, when you spent those nights talking for hours. When he snuck into your room as Chat Noir, when the stars and the wind kept the two of you company. Just two lonely souls desperate for a connection.

It was everything it once was, in a single second, a single laugh.

"Well I assume I'm as real as I once was." He said softly. He crouched down on the ground in front of you, sitting cross legged on your patio. The ground was cold and beginning to stain with your tears.

You glanced up at him and your heart shattered once more. You expected him to look the same as he did when he disappeared from your finger tips, but he didn't.

He looked older, his hair had darkened, the blonde strands were tainted with darker ones. His eyes were tired and his skin began to crease ever so slightly.

He looked like the man you expected to grow old with, the man you thought he would be before you learned he was perfection.

"You're here." You scrambled to grab his hands and keep him close as the realization truly hit you. Reaching to the ground, you grabbed the ring that had fallen from your grasp and slipped it on his finger. He watched you the entire time, watched your hands holding his.

"It's yours. You're in control of your life now Adrien." Your eyes met and you were filled with a determination you hadn't felt since you were kids. "We need you, please don't leave us again."

"I never intended too." He placed a hand on your head and smiled at you.

Dammit. These memories were intoxicating, tempting you to forget who you were now.

How your life had changed since he died.

He saw it too. "You're married."

Your body stiffened.

"Luka, I hope." He hummed. "He was the only one who ever loved you like I did." He chuckled again.

"Well, he was a close second." He clarified, his smile lighting his green hues.

You ignored him, reaching forward and pulling him tightly to you. It had been too long since you had been in his hold. Too long since you've had a petty argument, talked about your dreams and your son, since you did something so simple as a hug.

"I've never forgotten you." You promised. "I found the strength to move on, but I never stopped trying to get you back. Our family isn't complete without you in it."

"I know, Y/n." He whispered, his hand gripping your shirt as the emotion overcame him too. "I wouldn't be here right now if you had forgotten me."

You laughed, or maybe it was just another sob. At this point the distinction between the two wasn't clear. You were so elated that this had worked, that he was truly here in your arms, breathing again—his heart beating.