After Story 2 (300k Special)

Well. Now we're at almost 700k. You guys rock.
y/n
The door clicked shut and your hand slipped of the knob.

You looked up and saw that your room across the hall was dark, though the door was still cracked open—letting you know your husband had returned to bed and was waiting for your arrival.

You stepped forward—one step, two.

And then stopped.

With a quick turn, you crept back to the door belonging to your son's room and placed your hand and left ear against the door.

Dakota's quiet giggles bounced softly against your ear, but what warmed your heart the most was hearing his father laugh with him, quietly shushing him.

"You can't be to loud buddy, your mom will make me sleep on the couch."

You smiled to yourself, clutching at the fabric covering your chest.

"Y/n."

You turned and Luka was standing in the doorway.

He nodded his head in the direction of your room. "Come on, it's time for bed."

You didn't move. "Sorry," you looked back. "I just love hearing the sound of their voices."

Luka walked towards you and you watched his every step.

He placed his left hand on your left hip, slowly tracing your skin under your shirt—his thumb trailing the tattoo you had gotten for your daughter. His right hand cupped the side of your neck and he placed a soft kiss on your forehead.

"I love you, Y/n."

"Always and forever." You whispered, gripping onto his wrist by your face.

A small chuckle escaped his lips, one only loud enough for the two of you to hear.

"Can we go to bed now?" You grinned. "I've been trying to get you there for ages."

"Yeah. You little shit." He laughed, dragging you to bed.

**
The next morning was a lot like normal.

On a typical morning, you'd wake up in time to eat breakfast with Dakota and Lilly, and kiss their heads before they headed off to school and daycare. Then you'd go back to sleep until about 10:30 in the morning, and spend the rest of the day writing until your family returned.

When you awoke that morning, you had slept through telling your kids goodbye before they went on with their days.

You rolled over and clutched onto the pillow next to you, not finding Luka but a crumbled piece of paper in your hand.

Whoops.

You rubbed your eyes, grabbing your glasses off your nightstand and unfolding the crumpled note.

If you're seeing this at 7, go back to sleep.
They know how much you love them.

And you know how much I love you.

Please don't be mad I turned off your alarm—you need your sleep.

If not for you, do it for me.
Cranky girl.
I love you
—Luka

You laughed to yourself, tucking the note into your nightstand along with all of the other little notes he'd written to you over the years.

Pulling yourself out of bed, your feet hit the floor and you quickly found your fuzzy house slippers.

Coffee was calling your name so you headed out into your living room and towards the kitchen.

"Good morning sunshine."

How could you have forgotten about your visitor?

Adrien was seated on the couch, a bright smile lighting up his entire face. The age lines around his eyes didn't look so bold when he smiled, and through the light coming in from the window, the blonde bits left bold in his hair looked almost whiter.

He was as beautiful and radiant as ever.

And he was sitting there, his legs cross on your couch, with your book in his lap.

Heat and red flamed your face.

"Where did you get that?" You shrieked—trying to remain calm but failing painfully.

"Dakota told me about it last night, and Luka helped me find it."

"But-"
"You have a real talent, you know?"

"I've always loved writing." You whispered.

"Oh, trust me, I know." He smiled. "But I never would've pictured you writing something you don't sing."

You nodded, it was a fair assumption.

"But dammit, Y/n, you absolutely killed it."

Looking at him, right there, tears welled in your eyes.

Because that book?

It was about him. Your love story. Out of all the reviews, the good and the bad—his was the only one that mattered.

He was the only one who had lived it with you.

The only one who could possibly imagine the absolutely gut wrenching pain that watching him disappear in your arms left you.

He was the only one who knew what cured your heartbreak.

No amount of sales on any book would ever compare to those words.

"Thank you, Adrien."

"I'll always love you, Y/n, every second of every life I get to live. My heart will always belong to you." He stood, holding up the book and placing it in your hands. "And you captured that, with every word on each of these pages."

Your eyes met.

"Thank you. For everything."