Touch Starved pt. 2: Darth Maul x Reader

A/N: yea i kinda wanted fluff and i've never seen a darth maul fluff before so i kinda just... yea feel free to question my mental state.

Warnings: death, injury, swearing

Word count: 1594

After your third time in bumping into Darth Maul, you decided you were going to be stuck with seeing him every now and then and learning little snippets of information about him - he wasn't exactly an open type of person. The second time you met had ended after he'd updated you on his story and you'd done the same, and then the two of you had parted. The third time you two had spotted each other on Coruscant, because by that time you'd seen him and thought about him enough that you could recognise him easily enough. Anyway, he wasn't exactly subtle.

The third time had been quite bittersweet. Yes, there had been the usual love - hate kind of thing going on, you teasing him about being a touch starved Sith, him growling in response, but when the time had come for the two of you to go your separate ways, he'd grabbed your hand (unusual for a touch starved Sith) and told you that he hoped he'd see you again, easily sending shivers up your spine with that voice of his which screamed danger yet was so fascinating to you. And then he'd melted into the crowd, leaving you to pick your jaw off the floor and stare at your hand like he'd somehow marked it with his touch.

After that, you'd thought about him a good deal more, wondering if now you were the touch starved Grey Jedi and he was the experienced Sith while you nursed a glass of whatever alcohol the planet you were on supplied, which brings you to where you currently were now, in the dingy cantina of an Outer Rim planet whose name wasn't quite present in your brain at the moment.

You sigh, staring into your slightly luminescent spotchka and wondering if you were going to get spotted by anyone. Yeah, you're wanted by the Empire. After all, you do cause a lot of panic in cantinas when you switch on that lightsaber of yours to scare away a few drunk men.

'It's her!'

You duck instinctively, slipping off your chair and dropping low as a bunch of Stormtroopers burst into the room. Cursing under your breath, your reach for your lightsaber, scrambling forward on your belly, wincing as the Troopers fire at you, not caring about any innocents in their way. Eventually, you reach the door, and you leap to your feet, switching on your lightsaber and blocking a few shots before turning and running out into the night, using the Force to lift your feet a little higher, speeding you along.

You don't risk going back to your room in case they know where it is, so instead you take to the streets, hoping to lose them there. Footsteps pounding on the cobbles, your breath clouding out in little white puffs, you hurtle through the darkest allies of the city, but you know they're on your trail.

The air is hit out of your lungs when you smash into someone. You mutter an apology, but suddenly there's a cold blaster muzzle pressing into your side, and you glance up and see the white grinning helmet of a Stormtrooper.

'Oh, hey,' you smile, feigning nonchalance, raising your hands above your head and immediately using the Force to throw him into a wall. You take off again, but skid to a halt. Because that Trooper was part of the company that now faces you, blasters ready, and the clatter of feet behind you tell you you're boxed in. The nearest rooftops are too far away, even if you used the Force to aid you, and you can't exactly sink into the ground. Frantically, you search the cobbles, looking for a sewer, but there's none. You're trapped.

'Hands where I can see them,' one of the Troopers commands. 'Drop your weapon.'

'Like hell I will!' You snarl, switching on your lightsaber and standing ready, far too aware that they're now moving to encircle you, and if they coordinate, you're very likely to get more than one blast through the back. But still, you prefer death to imprisonment, so you let your blood pound in your veins as you stand, alone, yet surrounded.