It's Going To Be Okay: Ben Solo x Reader

A/N: hey if yall want this book to carry on i need requests and i literally dont mind who but anakin or cassian requests would be nice (and i dont care how vague it can literally just be can they cuddle or something)

Warnings: violence, idk what else

Word Count: 1092

You see Ben, shrouded in a cloak and hood, and you raise your hand to wave at him, opening your mouth to speak, when suddenly he whirls around, cloak swirling, and your heart drops as you see his eyes - eyes which were once that mournful, soft brown, now - now -

Yellow. Evil. Terrifying.

You have enough time to take one step back, taking in the scar across his face before suddenly his hand is outstretched towards you and the air in your airways vanishes as he brings you forward, wrapping his fingers around your neck. You scrabble at his arm, trying to get away, your eyes bulging as he reaches for the unfamiliar lightsaber in his belt and ignites it, and you want to cry as you see that it's glowing red. Silently mouthing words you don't have enough oxygen to form, you shake your head frantically, pleading him with your eyes not to do this to himself, tears spilling over as he stabs you through the gut, his face grim, blank, those awful, evil yellow eyes burning right through your soul.

You sit up in bed with a choked gasp, your stomach burning with the ghostly feel of Ben's lightsaber. Sweat drips into your eyes, stinging, but you hardly notice.

'No,' you pant. 'No. It's not real - it - it's just a dream - '

But you're scared it's not just a dream. You're scared it's a foresight into the future, you're scared that it's the Force warning you, you're scared it's a reminder that there are times when you feel the dark side in Ben. You're scared that it's true. You don't think, you just slip out from under your covers and run to the door instinctively. You need to check on Ben, you need more than anything to see if he's alright. You've had that dream too many times, and each time it gets worse, those yellow eyes...

You hurry through the halls of the Jedi temple to Ben's quarters, not bothering to knock as you ease open the door. You look down at your best friend's face; he's sleeping soundly, a slight frown on his face, his chest rising and falling, and you sigh in relief, turning to the door to leave, when suddenly, those yellow eyes glowing from underneath his cowl burn through your mind as if there's another, malevolent presence in the room.

You freeze, then slowly turn back to face him. Something's telling you to stay, begging you to stay, so you tiptoe over to his bedside, lifting up his covers and snuggling into his side. He stirs, throwing one arm over you.

'Y/N?' He groans sleepily.

'I - I had a bad dream,' you say. You've done this many times before - climbed into bed with him in the middle of the night after a nightmare, but now it feels like lying to him, with those yellow eyes you're trying to convince yourself won't belong to him branded into your memory. A lump forms in your throat as he cuddles you close, his breathing already slowing, and you close your eyes, burying your face in his neck and smiling as his soft raven locks momentarily brush your face as he shifts beneath you.

'G'night,' he mumbles into your hair. You smile sleepily, feeling safe in his arms, like you always do.

'Night, Ben.'

----------

You wake up a few hours after to the hum of a lightsaber.

You freeze in Ben's arms as you see Master Luke's face bathed in the green glow of his sabre, his eyes wide, surprised that Ben's not alone in his bed. You put the scene together immediately, see the glowing weapon hovering over Ben's neck, ready to drop down and kill him, and you in the process. You know it's because he senses the dark side in Ben too, but you don't care. A master isn't supposed to kill his Padawan - a Padawan should be able to trust his master with his life.

'Master Luke?' You blurt, you heart stinging with betrayal. Ben stirs beside you at the sound of your panicked voice, his eyes snapping open, his hand reaching out, straight for the lightsaber on his bedside table. Tensing, you sense the dark side in him rear its ugly head and you don't think, you just outstretch your fingers and throw the lightsaber as far away as possible, because you've seen something Ben hasn't. You've seen the regret that flashes in Luke's eyes, whereas Ben's only seen the lightsaber in his hands. You struggle over the lightsaber, you pushing it away, Ben pulling it toward him, and you know you can only hold out for so long - Ben's too strong.

'I've felt the dark side in you,' you say through gritted teeth, feeling his Force grip on the lightsaber falter for just a second and giving a great surge to push the lightsaber another metre towards the door. 'I've felt the dark side in you, Ben, but there's also light in you too.' You gasp, sweat rolling down your face as Ben inches the lightsaber closer and closer to his outstretched hand. 'Please, Ben,' you grit out. 'You aren't too far gone. You're never too far gone. Not to me.'

Maybe it's because he senses the absolute earnesty in you, or maybe because he hears your words, but suddenly he stops fighting and you end up throwing the lightsaber so forcefully away it sticks into the wall, buried halfway into the stone. You can feel Ben shaking beside you, and you lace your fingers with his, turning to Master Luke.

'Get out,' you choke out, not caring that you have to show respect. 'I may have saved you, but I had every right not to,' you snarl, trying to get your anger under control. You see the sorrow and regret in Luke's eyes, and you ball your fists, raising your voice. 'GET OUT!'

Your eyes fill with tears as soon as Luke leaves the room. Not only because you feel the betrayal as much as Ben, but because you can feel the light surging up in Ben as if the darkness was never there in the first place, and it relieves you more than anything else.

'Ben,' you whisper, grabbing him close to you and gripping him tight. He buries his face in your hair, and you press your face into his chest, rubbing circles on his back.

'It's going to be okay,' he breathes out, and you know he's telling this to himself as well as you. 'It's going to be okay.'