You Are Beautiful: Rex x Reader

A/N: requested by sadstrarwarsfan14 - everyone please read the warnings!! also, if you have bulimia, i never meant to offend, and im sorry if i got the symptoms wrong

Warnings: bulimia (eating disorder), self hate, swearing, vomit, some big thicc writers block

Word count: 1105

Fucking hell, you hate yourself. Did you really have to eat all of that fucking jogan fruit parfait? And all of the Corellian ryshcate? And the batuu-bon? Because now, all you can think of is the way your stomach is full of unhealthy desserts and what it's doing to your body right now, their sweet aftertastes turning bitter on your tongue. You feel disgusting - all of the hunger you felt as you gorged yourself on them has vanished, and you wonder how you even felt any need for food before.

Right now, all you feel is... fat.

Fat and gross and unhealthy and wishing you had never eaten and that you were skinnier and needing to get the food out out out.

Stars, you need to lose weight.

Legging it to the bathroom, you catch a flash of blue and white and a confused, tanned face before you run into a cubicle and slam the door. Somewhere in the back of your mind, you realise that that was Rex, and your fingers tremble as you fumble for the lock. Stars, why did you eat? You promised yourself last month that you'd get skinny for him, not eat and look pretty for him - where did all those pretty little ambitions go?

He's never told you that you're fat, but you're pretty sure that's because he's too fucking nice. He only has to look at your stupid fucking body to see that. It's beyond you why he still sticks by your side, still holds you and kisses your tears away in your weaker moments.

You grip the toilet lid and lower yourself onto your knees by the basin. Time to try and put things right. Time to get rid of those desserts.

For Rex, you think as you stick your finger down your throat. For Rex, look better for Rex, and for my ugly ass too.

The vomit inches up your throat, and you close your eyes, still nauseated by the familiar feeling of gorge rising. Your fingers clench around the toilet, and you feel the deep ache in your knees from kneeling on the hard tiled floor. The sound of vomit spattering against cold porcelain makes you gag up another round of half digested food, and you continue until you're sure that your stomach is completely empty.

Staggering to your feet, your brain swirls and you barely catch yourself against the side of the bathroom stall. Gasping, you wipe your mouth on some toilet paper and quickly slam down the toilet lid just in time for you to collapse onto it, your legs weak as a new born blurrg.

'Fuck,' you whisper to yourself.

Clenching your teeth, you attempt to beat down the queasiness that assaults you. You know that if you try and throw up again, you'll just end up retching bile into the toilet, and that will burn your throat. Choking air into your lungs, you pray to the Maker that no one will come in, no one will hear you and try to check on you.

And of course, because the Maker hates you, the lightly accented voice of one of the clones sounds immediately.

'Love? You in there?'

It's Rex. Now the universe hates you too. Grimacing, you rub your hands over your face and smooth down your hair, making sure there's no vomit around your mouth. Swallowing thickly, you force a smile onto your face and stand up, taking one unsteady step at a time until you can get to the door and unlock it.

'Hey, Rex,' you say, but it comes out a bit raspy. 'I'm fine.'

He narrows his eyes, looking at your rumpled clothes and the sheen of sweat over your pale face. Frowning, he searches your gaze, one hand lightly touching your chin to keep your head tilted up towards him. Understanding suddenly dawns in his brown eyes as they dart to the cubicle you were in, then back to you.

He sighs, running a hand over his face. 'Let me... let me get you to bed, okay, love?'

You look up at him, fingers reaching for his. 'Are you - are you mad at me?'

He squeezes your hand. 'Not at you, sweetheart. I - I should have noticed earlier. I should have made more time for you.'

You feel tears start forming in your eyes. 'It's not y - your fault, Rex, I just - just shouldn't eat so much, it would make us both happier - '

'No!' He snaps, then quietens his voice. 'No, my love, you're beautiful.' He gently caresses your face. 'I just want you to be healthy. I just want you to be happy with the way that you look because every time I look at you my breath is taken away because you are beautiful.'

A lump forms in your throat, and your face crumples as he pulls you close, one hand gently cupping the back of your head. Tenderly, he kisses your cheek before scooping you up in his arms, checking the corridors are empty before he begins carrying to your room. Eyes closed, you let yourself drift into a state of sweet calm in his arms, one hand on his chest, right over his heart to feel its beat and assure you of his presence.

'Alright,' he says, brushing some hair off your forehead and lowering you onto your bed.

'Thank you,' you mumble sleepily.

'Just taking care of the love of my life, sweetheart.' He walks to the door. 'Back in a second.'

You stay lying on your bed, swaddled in the blankets, and in less than five standard minutes, Rex is back with a bowl of bone broth. Sitting up, you flush as your stomach growls at the smell of the broth, and you open your mouth to refuse it, but Rex sits down next to you and shakes his head.

'Uh uh,' he warns. 'You're going to eat this, and I'm going to watch you and keep you right in this bed until your body absorbs all the nutrients in this broth that it needs.' He laughs when you pout. 'Besides, I heard that stomach of yours growl, so don't pretend you aren't hungry.'

Obediently, you drink the broth under Rex's glare. Once you're done, he lies down next to you, cuddling you to his chest and kissing your hair. One hand making gentle circles on your back, he whispers in your ear.

'You never have to feel the need to change your body for anyone, not even yourself. You're beautiful, and I love you, sweetheart.'

You close your eyes, burying your face in his chest. 'I love you too.'