The Judges

Oh I'm sorry, did you spend four years getting an undergraduate? Or, or did you get a doctorate in law? Better yet did you even go to law school?

What was that?

Was that a no?

Oh I must've misconstrued you for a judge since you constantly feel the need to force your opinion down others throats.

Doesn't matter what you do in life -- be it writing or whatever people on here do for "fun"-- people will always find anything (and I mean anything) to criticize you.

For one reason or another, someone will find a reason to project their insecurities, their negativity, and their fears onto you and your life, and you'll have to deal with it...

or bitch about it and write a rant book. I prefer the later so let's hop to it.

Let's move this topic into the realm of Wattpad.

Writing is easy, dare I say. I'm like 140 words in and I'm perfectly fine. Now writing something worth reading, well that's a whole 'nother story.

Uploading your first story takes some balls. Yeah, I'll admit it. After you finally get through any self doubt or trepidation of publishing your work, you go through what I call the "honeymoon phase": Where, where your eyes shimmer with the tiniest bit of hope that someone, anyone will click on your story. That by some chance they'll fall in love with your writing and vote, and leave long, heartfelt meaningful comments about your dazzling plot and sassy characters.

And you sit there. Waiting.

You get two maybe three reads from users who strolled on from the "What's New" section.

But then, something happens. Finally. Someone reached out to you and commented on your story!

Only to find out it was a hater, taking some haterorade shots whilst eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich.

Yeah, I've been there and I'm sure you've been there as well. After the "honeymood phase" comes and goes you get a nice little wake up call from the infamous "reality". You soon begin to doubt yourself. You edit, and re-edit, and edit again but it's not enough. It might even get to the point where you just delete your story entirely...

We get so caught up in trying to appease others and what we think they want to read that it derails us from the reason we started writing in the first place.

I'm not gonna preach to you some motivational message that you've probably seen before in like a Nike commercial or some shit. I'm just gonna tell you what I do, and its worked for most of my life: Just. Don't. Give. A. Flying. Fuck.

There's a difference between helpful criticism (which may or not be warranted. Yeah I've seen some of the stories on here and a lot of the time it's warranted...) and just blatant bitchy-ness. And there's only one reason why someone is unreasonably bitchy. Only one. Jusssst one:

They woke up one day, went outside, saw a nice big stick and shoved it up their arse because that's the only logical way to explain why they're always so damn butt hurt.