The Stockholmers

Why is this a thing, man.

Like always, let me define and outline what this particular chapter will be about:

Stockholm syndrome.

Now I could give you some psychological dictionary definition but meh, I prefer examples.

When *token white girl name* was 13.78 years old. She was (relentlessly I might add) bullied by all three members of the Jonas brothers. 3 years and one makeover later, she and her wavy hair are back and here to stay. But how can she choose when they all love her, and her them?

Mind you, this main character was bullied to the point of abuse, depression, and suicide and you just expect me to believe she fell in love with, not one, but all three fuckers.

No, no, no.

And I bet. Oooh I can bet that this plot sounds familiar right?

Yeah. Cause these horribly misogynistic stories get millions upon millions of views. And why?

You have me for a loss of words (well not really) cause my ass does not know. I wish. I wish I could give you an explanation.

Maybe it stems from pre-teens thinking that one day their acne will clear up, they'll drop those few stubborn pounds and magically blossom into this beautiful creature that will finally get their crushes to notice them.

One, yes you may change (call me pessimistic) but most of you guys will be mostly the same. Shocker. The pretty girls with the boyfriends in 6th grade will be the same pretty girls in 10th,11th, and 12th with guys at their beck-and-call. But hey, the cool, smart, funny chicks will always stay bad ass. *Cough cough* Oh shit, what was I saying?

Oh yeah.

And two, honestly if your crush is that shallow to not like you based on your looks do you really even want to be with a guy like that? Someone who deems looks more important and values your physical qualities over characteristics such as intelligence, humor, kindness, and well personality is a probably the type of guy you don't want to be around. 

Exactly. So you're telling me that the main character not only overlooks their crush's blatant douchey-ness but also overlooks the torment they've mentally and possibly physically caused him/her.

The fact that these type of authors glorify depression at all is terrible least adding in the unrealistic factor that the character's once antagonist is now his/her love interest? I think the fuck not Wattpad.