The Aladdins

First RIP to my home dawg Williams for you will always be a legend...

So as you all may know I took a sort of hiatus off of Wattpad. I'm not here to list all my excuses and bitch about school. Nah school ain't worth my breath- er words.

(Bare with me now, this'll all make sense later)

Anywhore,

So I'm talking to my friends about Wattpad and fan fiction and here's a rendition of what went down:

*In school's media center/ library shit*

Me: ooh let's look up shitty fan fiction

Friend: Ight. Let's go on Wattpad.

Me: *snorts* c'mon the stuff on the site not that bad.

Fast forward to like a few days after..

So I'm scrolling through Wattpad, and me having been gone for quite some time didn't know what to expect. And yeah I won't sugar coat.. there's some shit. But hey you gotta have a few rainy days to enjoy the sunny ones.

(Me on wattpad:

Me: Oh this has a boss as cover. *clicks*

"Hi I'm Jessica. I'm blonde 5'9 and I'm very skinny.."

*exits*

Me: oh this has a nice summary.

"I wake up and grabbed my blow dryer to straighten my wavy brown locks."

*exits*)

Oh how I was wrong. Oh how I was oh-so wrong...

Yo like straight up: what the fuck happened? When did this Website turn into a pile of - pardon my french - shit.

Unoriginal, cliche, and quite frankly, boring materials are the norm now; but that is not why I am ranting here today, rather, I'm complaining because people who have shit loads of reads do NOT deserve them.

Yes, I'm well aware that this phenomenon of people not getting the reads they deserved occurred when I was an active member on this website, hell, even before but boy is it prevalent now.

But lemme give you an example of said injustice so it doesn't sound like I'm spewing poppy cock.

I'm cruising down wattpad ya know lookin for a good story to read. I'd like to add a little disclaimer - It's never been an easy feat for me to find good stories so blame it on my luck or whatever.

So I find this story (which I'm omitting the title simply because I don't want you guys to go click on it and read it giving it more reads it already shouldn't have. Well that and the fact I just forgot the title of the book).

The synapsis: it was about a girl who woke up and found herself married to a rock star or whatever. Again, I will not put the title just for the sake of limiting his/ her (we both know it was a her) reads. I thought the premise was kinda lackluster but again I'm willing to give anything a try.

So I'm reading the first chapter and it was pretty OK. But I noticed something. Something caught my eye. The comments. There were a shit load of comments. If you've been on wattpad long enough you've come to realize there's a correlation between number of reads to comments to votes, a ratio if you will. And there was an uncharacteristic amount of comments.

All the comments were of wattpadians complaining how she stole an author's work. So I googled the story being the super slueth that I am. Low and behold the bitch done stole not only the title of the work but the summary and exact plot as well. And by plot I don't mean the story's conflict I mean plot, like she literally stole the chronological order of the story. The only notable difference were the characters' name.

Sigh. And the worst part. The most horrific event is the fact. She. Plays. It. Off. As. Her. Own. Work. It's one thing to plagiarize, it's an entire different game to legit copy and paste someone's story.

It's not just me right? I'm not the irrational one here? Cause l can't fathom why anyone anyone would do that.

Which is why I call them alladins. Since that's the only logical way you're garnering that many reads - you have a damned genie.