The Attention Wh*re

• Dedicated to you. Since we're all attention whores

Oh God, I think I hate this person maybe the most of all.

This is the person who constantly blows up your e-mail with messages to followers like:

"Can't stop laughing at him. Lol, he's hilarious..."

4 Signs you're an attention whore:

#1 Status Updates. You frequently add vague status updates on wattpad, knowing fully well that most people won't know what you mean or what you're trying to say. And yet you pretend like it wasn't meant for everyone, or worse, you wait until loads of people start asking you what you meant before you explain yourself.

#2 Problem solving. You intentionally flaunt your problems and issues to everyone, be it scars or love triangles. You share your issues with online friends you barely know even though you can't get any real help there. This is book sharing site people not an AA support group.

#3 The wannabe braggart. You brag about something when it's not really such a big deal. I'm an emo chick... I'm a metal chick... I'm a gaming chick... Wow, really? The world doesn't give a rat's rear end, you know?

#4 Constantly Online. Status updates pertaining to the bike ride, hike, or jog that you're on. For the love of God, you're outdoors in the fresh air and sunshine, ostensibly getting some exercise. Couldn't you just put your phone away, detach yourself from Wattpad, and actually be present and connected with the real, outside world for a few freaking minutes? I love wattpad as much as the next person, but if I'm gonna take a break from the computer, I'm going to take a effing well deserved break from Wattpad.

How do you know if you or someone you know is an attention whore:

- They mope around and/or makes indirect, whiney, open-ended comments, trying to get you to ask him/her what's wrong. This one kind of goes along with the above two points. An attention whore wants you to care deeply about her and her problems. And she can be very manipulative, passive-aggressive and underhanded in trying to get you to do so. A woman who tries to compel others to ask her "what's wrong?" through her words and actions is very likely a raging attention whore.

-They often fish for compliments and/or backhandedly compliments themself. The fishing for compliments part is pretty self-explanatory. But another trademark of the attention whore is backhanded boasting - meaning she brags about herself through an insincere complaint. Here are a few nauseating examples in the form of facebook statuses and tweets:

FML, this shirt is like a dress on me. and it's a small...so annoying. #TinyGirlProbz

ummm, so do I have a sign on my forehead that says, "hit on me today??" three separate guys stuck their heads out of their car window and whistled at me today...#awkward #weird

so, this guy at the gas station told me i have "the most interesting color eyes" he's ever seen. uhhh...not sure how i feel about that lol

Here's an example I got a couple of days ago from one of my followers:

Ohmygerd!! Why does everyone keep voting for "insert story title". You guys keep blowing up my Wattpad notifications?!?!

I kid you not, I pretty much summarized what that person sent to all of their followers.

Whether she's blatantly fishing for compliments or backhandedly complimenting herself, it's all a part of the attention whore's need for constant validation.

And do you want to know the worst part of this type of person is the fact that this is an everyday thing for them. If they did it once or twice, i'd be cool with it. Since we all have a little 'attention whore' in ourselves. But no. This is an everyday thing for them. And most of the time this said 'attention whore' doesn't even know they are diagnosed with psoriatic attention whorism.

Please if you or someone you know has the following symptoms then please share this story. With more votes and comments then you can help find a cure to this ongoing disease that is gripping social media sites everywhere. Please.